Thinking of upgrading to Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kst8dan

Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
I know I am late to get the grandfathered prices. I currently have 3 722 owned receivers and one owned 622 so the hardware costs are already high. I am thing of going with 2 hoppers with 3 joeys. I can't get the total fees for this set up from the Dish web site. I only see that one Hopper with one Joey is 24.00 dollars. Would my fees then be 24x2 plus 7 for the third joey?

Also is it true you cannot have any other receivers active on the account? Can I have a VIP211K and call it a tailgator?

A lot of questions I know. I did a search but didn't get the results desired.

Thanks in advance for any help!

You can have the ViP211 on a Hopper account. Best to sell the old receivers quickly before they drop further in value.

Sorry I'm not in a position right now to get the new fee sked and do the math.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Wait, what? I thought even with the new pricing scheme, that Joeys were still $7 monthly

Screenshot - 5_30_2013 , 1_10_11 PM.jpg

So 12.00 each for hopper and 7.00 for each Joey. If correct I would pay 24.00 for 2 hoppers and 21.oo for 3 Joeys for a total of 45.00. Correct?

Glad I checked up on the Dish Rep I was chatting with this morning. She quoted me 1 H + 4 J's, looks as if I really need 2 H's + 3 J's to handle my 5 TV set-up.

I know I am late to get the grandfathered prices. I currently have 3 722 owned receivers and one owned 622 so the hardware costs are already high. I am thing of going with 2 hoppers with 3 joeys. I can't get the total fees for this set up from the Dish web site. I only see that one Hopper with one Joey is 24.00 dollars. Would my fees then be 24x2 plus 7 for the third joey?

Also is it true you cannot have any other receivers active on the account? Can I have a VIP211K and call it a tailgator?

A lot of questions I know. I did a search but didn't get the results desired.

Thanks in advance for any help!

The others are right about the fees, $12 per Hopper and $7 per Joey.
You can have a 211k receiver as long as it is purchased. It is meant for customers that have Tailgaters but there no need to have one. The customer does not have to show proof that they use a Tailgater.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)