Third HD Receiver

maxbyrd

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Alabama
I have a Dish 1000 with a dual DP Plus and a single DP Plus LNB and a 622 and a 722. What is the best way to add another HD receiver? Do I need to get a 1000.2 dish? If so would it cost any more from Dish Network if I purchase the dish and the receiver other than activation? Thanks!

It would be cheaper to buy the stuff yourself obviously but it will be wicked easier for you just to have dish come out and upgrade your dish and give you your new receiver. Most likely you will have to just extend your contract. And yes, the 1000.2 is the best option. Either that or 3 Dish Pro singles and a dish pro plus 44 switch

He's got a DPP Twin, not need for a DP 34 switch. A 1000.2 dish will be your best solution to feed that third receiver. Another option is a DPP44 switch, but usually those are more expensive than the 1000.2 dish.

Thanks for the responses. Even if I purchase the dish and the box myself if I understand the billing correctly I would still have to pay the monthly dish fee for usage right? This being the case as the first responder said I should be able to get an upgrade from Dish at no cost other than an extension and the monthly receiver charge correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)