Third SW21?

T2k

The Raw Nerve
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 5, 2004
Park Slope, NYC
I have a Voom dish + Dish 500 dish (comes with built-in switch IIRC) + 2x SW21 ext switch setup and its single final output feeds a single HD STB (6000U). Some time ago I've got another STB, a DVR510 and now I have time to hook up - what should I do? First thought was simply split this output into two but it sounds too simple to be correct...

TIA

Pepper said:
you should have an output on each of the two SW21s.

I was thinking the same thing. You have a 3sat config right?

Twin to 2 sw21s
Dual to 2 sw21s
2 outputs , 1 each from sw21s

??????????????

Sounds like maybe you have the Twin to both inputs on a SW21, that output plus the dual to the other SW21. No way that's going to work. Wire it as inwo posted.

To be honest I wasn't on the roof for months now, so I was just asking without exactly knowing how did I set up late May... I remembered that two switches were used... but not sure, actually... will check tomorrow morning and report back - thanks anyway. 8)

Last weekend I had some time - and you're right, I had a free output on the second SW21. I ran a coax from there to DVR-510 but it didn't find anything... I'll replace the cable on upcoming weekend but if it won't help, what else could be the problem? :confused:

Check the 510 where the 6000 is to be sure the 510 works. What are you getting off the 61.5 you want to send to the 510? Eliminate the second SW-21 and connect to the TWIN.

If I read this right, you want TWO tuners active, with THREE birds to each, using a V* dish for the third one. V* is Legacy-type LNB, so NO DishPro allowed.

You need a Legacy Twin. Input #1 of an SW-21 to the Twin, Input #2 to a V* feed.

IF you have two separate LNBs on your Dish500, the easiest thing to do is replace them with the Legacy Twin. You can NOT repeat NOT cascade two SW-21s to the same tuner. There are technical reasons for this. The only other alternative is to find an SW-21X, which is half an SW-42.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)