This and that, here and there...but mostly this and that

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Haven't done this in a while...lots to get off my um..chest. Could take a while. :D

Hold on tight, I'll apologize in advance if I ruffle your pom poms. ;)

1. Bad weekend for college football item 1. Cam Newton, the NCAA nightmare. The last thing they want is for this kid to be smiling in early December as they hand him the Heisman, but there is really nothing they can do about it. If he gets voted at this point, he wins, but everyone knows it will be a Calipari-like title...how long will he keep it? You gotta vote for the kid based on what he's done on the field, but this entire situation reeks of...well, it just reeks. Hysterical listening to Lundquist and Danielson trying to dance around the issue on Saturday...and there is much more of that to come. The NCAA wishes Cam Newton would just go away, but he's not.

2. Bad weekend for college football item 2. Bret Bielema, another thing that reeks. 83-20? Seriously? Did the chart state you have to score 24 points in the fourth quarter when you are already leading 59-13 after three quarters? Jeez what a disgrace. First he puts up a 70-3 thumping on Austin Peay. Austin freaking Peay, and they have to run up the score. Then up 41-16 against Minnesota with four minutes left in the game he goes for two. Yuck. And now he's still throwing the ball all over the field late in the game against defenseless Indiana, when he's already up six touchdowns. Jeez this guy should go away too.

3. Bad weekend for college football item 3. Cal stops Oregon. I guess this isn't so bad depending on your perspective, but Oregon's run 'n fun offense was pretty much stopped in it's tracks in Berkeley. Exciting game, but not as exciting as USC-Oregon.

4. Didn't you used to be Troy Polamalu? He had a bad game last night in the middle of a bad season. Polamalu is well known for his free-lancing, but he seemed to guess wrong last night almost every time. He seemed to almost always be on the wrong side of the field. You used to see Troy in half the Pittsburgh highlights. Now you don't. The only highlight I remember seeing him in recently is when the long-hair on Cincinnati pancaked him at the goal line.

5. I miss Mad Men already!!!

6. You really have to watch Modern Family. Every episode is a gem but the Halloween episode was particularly hysterical. 'The gays took over Thanksgiving'. :D :D :D

7. The Rangers beat Edmonton yesterday 8-2. And I missed it because I was at my nephew's AAU basketball tournament.

8. I'm still not sold on Mark Sanchez, but give him credit for yesterday. He threw some ducks but came through when it counted.

9. Jet fans are used to sitting there saying 'we outplayed the other team...we should have won...how the heck did we lose that game?' Now we're saying 'we easily woulda/coulda/shoulda lost but somehow we won.' The second part feels better.

10. Charles Barkley says 'the Heat don't run...they strut'. Hah. He also said they act like they're shocked that everyone isn't in love with them.' So true. Hey guys, this isn't the Dream Team, it's Two and a Half Men.

11. Utah's trip through the south resulted in almost as much carnage as Sherman's trip though the south 150 years ago. ;)

12. Pat Riley just put in an order for 10 new Armani suits. He could soon be using some of his hair grease to slide Spoelstra out of the big boy chair.

13. 'Nick wasn't a Folk hero?'. Gonna be a while before I forgive you for that one, Bill! :D

14. Despite Yankee fans yelling at his wife in October, Cliff Lee has confirmed the fact that Yankee money is just as green and will be accepted just as gladly as everyone else's. It's become very clear Lee has been looking forward to a huge payday for a very long time.

15. Is anyone gonna stay up and watch college basketball overnight tonight? Not me. I'll stay with Miami-Memphis for as long as I can because my fiancee is out of town, but I definitely won't even make it to the 2AM opening tip of St. John's-St. Mary's.

16. The stink-landers fired their head coach today and moved the head coach of their minor league affliate up as an interim coach. Word is they offered the job to Doug Weight but he declined...because he wants to keep playing. I'm not kidding. All those franchises out there you guys root for who you think are horribly run...you have nothing on the Long Island Lunatics. Al Davis and Dan Snyder laugh at Charles Wang.

17. Did you see the parade they held in Philly to celebrate Roy Halladay's Cy Young award? Neither did I. ;)

18. Giant fans found out that you can only consistently turn the ball over against bad teams and still win. And despite their record, the 'boys are not a bad team.

19. Dez Bryant is going to be the best receiver in the NFL...if he isn't already. He's a threat to score every time he touches the ball.

20. Ohio State didn't move up because they don't deserve to move up. They had one tough game and they spit the bit. Case closed. Still, unless they stub their toe again their name and fan base will get them into a huge bowl.

21. Now Minnesota lost and Brett has a new malady? Jeez, this guy is the diva of all divas. For all we know he plants these stories just in case they lose, because he hates the idea of people thinking Brett Favre simply lost. Favre is entering the Roger Clemens territory of hatred, which is a shame because if Favre really had retired three years ago or so he would really be a Nick Folk hero. (I blame you Bill!)

22. Speaking of the Vikings...hiding behind anonymity to tell everyone how much they dislike Brad Childress? Jeez, man up and admit what you say for a change. What a bunch of gutless wonders.

23. My elbow still hurts sometimes from the bike accident. There is something small moving around in there!

24. Just a warning...we are being invaded by Italy in May 2011. One girl in the family, so when she gets married the relatives make the trip...and half of southern Italy shows up. There are a couple of villages where I think the last one out will have to turn out the lights. We had to delay the wedding six months to handle all the logistics.

25. Wow, Todd Haley is one fiery guy. Yelling at Josh MacDaniel and refusing to shake hands after the game yesterday. Oh my.

26. Isiah Thomas is going to be GM of the Knicks again. The only question is when. He's convinced Dolan that if he was still running the team Wade and Lebron would be playing for the homeys right now, because of all of Isiah's street cred. I'm not kidding. And he's also convinced Dolan he can lure Lebron here in 2014. Evil little man that one.

27. Bill Belicheck is an amazing coach. He just is.

28. Joe Morgan is finally off Sunday Night baseball. Thank goodness ESPN finally saw the light.

29. NFL Network names Jerry Rice number one player of all time. My dad would be very happy to hear that. He always said for all the praise Rice received, he didn't receive enough.

30. Goodbye Dave Niehaus, legendary announcer for the Seattle Mariners. Rest in peace.

31. LOL at Browns fans making fun of the hands of Braylon Edwards. Then you have Chancey Stuckey running down the field with a chance to win the game...and he drops the ball and Cleveland's victory as well! Nice upgrade. Payback is a 'Sandra when the Rangers lose'. That's priceless stuff right there. Perhaps the DB with the beautiful interception on his own three yard line should be your new receiver. Thankfully the ball sticks to him like glue.
;)

Sandra

Last edited:
1. Bad weekend for college football item 1. Cam Newton, the NCAA nightmare. The last thing they want is for this kid to be smiling in early December as they hand him the Heisman, but there is really nothing they can do about it. If he gets voted at this point, he wins, but everyone knows it will be a Calipari-like title...how long will he keep it? You gotta vote for the kid based on what he's done on the field, but this entire situation reeks of...well, it just reeks. Hysterical listening to Lundquist and Danielson trying to dance around the issue on Saturday...and there is much more of that to come. The NCAA wishes Cam Newton would just go away, but he's not.
I blame the Georgia defense and lack of running game for that one.

2. Bad weekend for college football item 2. Bert Bielema, another thing that reeks. 83-20? Seriously? Did the chart state you have to score 24 points in the fourth quarter when you are already leading 59-13 after three quarters? Jeez what a disgrace. First he puts up a 70-3 thumping on Austin Peay. Austin freaking Peay, and they have to run up the score. Then up 41-16 against Minnesota with four minutes left in the game he goes for two. Yuck. And now he's still throwing the ball all over the field late in the game against defenseless Indiana, when he's already up six touchdowns. Jeez this guy should go away too.
No lead is safe in football. Just ask Colorado, who blew a four-touchdown lead last week in the 4th quarter. If running up the score is disgraceful to you, what do you call taking the foot off the gas and giving away all your momentum?

3. Bad weekend for college football item 3. Cal stops Oregon. I guess this isn't so bad depending on your perspective, but Oregon's run 'n fun offense was pretty much stopped in it's tracks in Berkeley. Exciting game, but not as exciting as USC-Oregon.
Cal doesn't have the skill players that could have made a difference. Marshawn Lynch, DeSean Jackson, and Jahvid Best are not walking through that door.

5. I miss Mad Men already!!!
I miss Christina Hendricks already.

6. You really have to watch Modern Family. Every episode is a gem but the Halloween episode was particularly hysterical. 'The gays took over Thanksgiving'. :D :D :D
Good to see there is life after Al Bundy for one Mr. O'Neill.

7. The Rangers beat Edmonton yesterday 8-2. And I missed it because I was at my nephew's AAU basketball tournament.
The Oilers can't play defense.

9. Jet fans are used to sitting there saying 'we outplayed the other team...we should have won...how the heck did we lose that game?' Now we're saying 'we easily woulda/coulda/shoulda lost but somehow we won. The second part feels better.
A win is a win is a win. It doesn't matter if you win by 2 touchdowns or 5.

10. Charles Barkley says 'the Heat don't run...they strut'. Hah. He also said they act like they're shocked that everyone isn't in love with them.' So true. Hey guys, this isn't the Dream Team, it's Two and a Half Men.
Who's Charlie and who's Jon?

11. Utah's trip though the south did almost as much carnage as Sherman's trip though the south 150 years ago. ;)
The Jazz laugh in the face of danger.

13. 'Nick wasn't a Folk hero?'. Gonna be a while before I forgive you for that one, Bill! :D
Surprised by his 3 misses, for he had been doing a good job the first 8 weeks.

15. Is anyone gonna stay up and watch college basketball overnight tonight? Not me. I'll stay with Miami-Memphis for as long as I can because my fiancee is out of town, but I definitely won't even make it to the 2AM opening tip of St. John's-St. Mary's.
Nope. None of the teams playing in the morning are teams that'll be making noise in March.

16. The stink-landers fired their head coach today and moved the head coach of their minor league affliate up as an imterim coach. Word is they offered the job to Doug Weight but he declined...because he wants to keep playing. I'm not kidding. All those franchises out there you guys root for who you think are horribly run...you have nothing on the Long Island Lunatics. Al Davis and Dan Snyder laugh at Charles Wang.
Jeez, and to think I complained about the Sabres' bad start...

17. Did you see the parade they held in Philly to celebrate Roy Halladay's Cy Young award? Neither did I. ;)
They haven't announced the winner yet. Potential Dewey beats Truman moment?

18. Giant fans found out that you can only consistently turn the ball over against bad teams and still win. And despite their record, the 'boys are not a bad team.
They haven't beaten anybody with a pulse this year.

19. Dez Bryant is going to be the best receiver in the NFL...if he isn't already. He's a threat to score every time he touches the ball.
Somewhere, the teams that passed him up weep.

22. Speaking of the Vikings...hiding behind anonymity to tell everyone how much they dislike Brad Childress? Jeez, man up and admit what you say for a change. What a bunch of gutless wonders.
For all the heat Mangini got with the Jets, at least the players had his back.

Haven't done this in a while...lots to get off my um..chest. Could take a while. :D

Hold on tight, I'll apologize in advance if I ruffle your pom poms. ;)

1. Bad weekend for college football item 1. Cam Newton, the NCAA nightmare. I totally agree with you!:eek: I think the voters will actually give it to someone else to avoid Reggie Bush Pard Deux.

2. Bad weekend for college football item 2. Bret Bielema, another thing that reeks. 83-20? Seriously? OMG.....2 for 2 in agreements! :eek::eek: I mentioned just about everything you said a couple fo days ago. They threw for 3 of their finally 4 TDs!!!

4. Didn't you used to be Troy Polamalu? He had a bad game last night in the middle of a bad season. Polamalu is well known for his free-lancing, but he seemed to guess wrong last night almost every time. He seemed to almost always be on the wrong side of the field. You used to see Troy in half the Pittsburgh highlights. Now you don't. The only highlight I remember seeing him in recently is when the long-hair on Cincinnati pancaked him at the goal line. Uh oh....3 for 3! :eek::eek::eek: It seems like he likes TRYING to make hits as opposed to trying to make tackles.

6. You really have to watch Modern Family. Every episode is a gem but the Halloween episode was particularly hysterical. 'The gays took over Thanksgiving'. :D :D :D The best show on TV!!! and DAMN.... 4-for-4!

8. I'm still not sold on Mark Sanchez, but give him credit for yesterday. He threw some ducks but came through when it counted. I think he is gonna be just fine. I think he was AWESOME against the Browns.

10. Charles Barkley says 'the Heat don't run...they strut'. Hah. He also said they act like they're shocked that everyone isn't in love with them.' So true. Hey guys, this isn't the Dream Team, it's Two and a Half Men. FINALLY, something we do not agree on.;) The HEAT are not surprised that they are hated. Believe me when I tell you...they are shocked EVERYONE keeps bring it up. Believe me, they KNOW they are hated but Charles and everyone media outlet NEED to remind them.

Yes...they know, get over it. You are not gonna hur their feelings.:rolleyes:

12. Pat Riley just put in an order for 10 new Armani suits. He could soon be using some of his hair grease to slide Spoelstra out of the big boy chair. I agree 1000%! If pretty boy cannot get some perimeter defense out of this team by mid December, Spolestra could be doing assistant work.

19. Dez Bryant is going to be the best receiver in the NFL...if he isn't already. He's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. YEP! Dolphins front office...paging Mr. Fat Tuna....did you hear that?!

20. Ohio State didn't move up because they don't deserve to move up. They had one tough game and they spit the bit. Case closed. Still, unless they stub their toe again their name and fan base will get them into a huge bowl.:up

21. Now Minnesota lost and Brett has a new malady? Jeez, this guy is the diva of all divas. For all we know he plants these stories just in case they lose, because he hates the idea of people thinking Brett Favre simply lost. Favre is entering the Roger Clemens territory of hatred, which is a shame because if Favre really had retired three years ago or so he would really be a Nick Folk hero. (I blame you Bill!) Uh-oh...I agree AGAIN...this getting ugly. This is how rumors about you and I start!:p;)

22. Speaking of the Vikings...hiding behind anonymity to tell everyone how much they dislike Brad Childress? Jeez, man up and admit what you say for a change. What a bunch of gutless wonders. :up

25. Wow, Todd Haley is one fiery guy. Yelling at Josh MacDaniel and refusing to shake hands after the game yesterday. Oh my. Ah yes, there is NOTHING...except maybe Yankee-Red Sox hatred...like Raider/Chiefs/Broncos hatred of old. I would have included the Boltz....but they don't have that long standing hatred like those three teams. This hatred disguised as "rivlary" goes back to the 60s in the AFL.

26. Isiah Thomas is going to be GM of the Knicks again. The only question is when. He's convinced Dolan that if he was still running the team Wade and Lebron would be playing for the homeys right now, because of all of Isiah's street cred. I'm not kidding. And he's also convinced Dolan he can lure Lebron here in 2014. Evil little man that one. I wonder what Knicks fans will think of when he DOES come back and Isiah can deliver Lebron....aahhhhh the magic of redemption!:D

27. Bill Belicheck is an amazing coach. He just is. I STILL hate his guts, but, ya gotta give the devil his due! ;):rolleyes:

30. Goodbye Dave Niehaus, legendary announcer for the Seattle Mariners. Rest in peace.

31. LOL at Browns fans making fun of the hands of Braylon Edwards. Then you have Chancey Stuckey running down the field with a chance to win the game...and he drops the ball and Cleveland's victory as well! Nice upgrade. Payback is a 'Sandra when the Rangers lose'. That's priceless stuff right there. Perhaps the DB with the beautiful interception on his own three yard line should be your new receiver. Thankfully the ball sticks to him like glue. Yep, I mentioned the interception too....LOL!

Sandra

Good stuff Sandra...DAMN you for posting things I agreed with...damn you to Jers....ah, hell!!:p;)

HELL YEAH! 3:00AM game from Hawaii...I'm stoked :)
Now I know they'll get like the "X" team announcers...the really goofy ones. They need to have the "local" guys do the game. Listening to Jim Leahey & Artie (the Hawaii guys from K5 the home team) do the game is a treat! Leahey will use some weird lines like "Hawaii has given up gobs of points" :)

HELL YEAH! 3:00AM game from Hawaii...I'm stoked :)
Now I know they'll get like the "X" team announcers...the really goofy ones. They need to have the "local" guys do the game. Listening to Jim Leahey & Artie (the Hawaii guys from K5 the home team) do the game is a treat! Leahey will use some weird lines like "Hawaii has given up gobs of points" :)

Hmmm....to hear a color analyst say "gobs of points" is worth the price of recording ALONE!;):cool:

actually thats the pxp guy...But I remember the opening of the football game last year after Hawaii had lost 5 in a row (and badly)

"Hawaii has lost 5 in a row
They've given up....(slight pause) gobs of points"

later in the opening the color guy (Russell Yamamota) says
"When I pulled into the parking lot here at Aloha stadium
I saw a hearse sitting by the front gate
I hope that isnt a sign of the rest of UH's season :)
(UH did run off 5 straight wins IIRC)

Its always nice to see the scenery of a Hawaii game when we have 6 inches of snow on the ground right now in Minneapolis ;)

actually thats the pxp guy...But I remember the opening of the football game last year after Hawaii had lost 5 in a row (and badly)

"Hawaii has lost 5 in a row
They've given up....(slight pause) gobs of points"

later in the opening the color guy (Russell Yamamota) says
"When I pulled into the parking lot here at Aloha stadium
I saw a hearse sitting by the front gate
I hope that isnt a sign of the rest of UH's season :)
(UH did run off 5 straight wins IIRC)

Its always nice to see the scenery of a Hawaii game when we have 6 inches of snow on the ground right now in Minneapolis ;)

Yeah...the "regular" play-by-play and "color analyst" try to be wacky radio DJ guy. That is why I love the odd balls...

1 - The whole Auburn deal is all talk. Locally, its the Alabama dominated media trying to poison Auburn's dream season. Regionally, its Mississippi State, which was called out by the SEC Commissioner and has never responded, doing the negative recruiting that goes on in the SEC. And nationally it just a function of too much air time. Nothing here, move on.

3 - Oregon is almost as over-rated at Boise State. Not quite, but almost. The PAC 10 is down. Auburn by 40.

10 - I love how the ESPN/TNT hype machine trys to gin up interest in the meaningless NBA season. What, 5 teams don't make the playoffs? We already know whom. Next.

14 - More of baseball's broken economic system at work.

21 - I am tired of Favre's act. Every small town high school coach knows this deal. The kid who is probably the best in his birth year but want everyone to beg him to play. There are two ways to deal with it. The right way, what HS coaches who are winners do is look the kid in the face and say "Practice starts August 7th at 7 AM. Be there with your jock and your physical results, or enjoy watching with the boys in the chess club." Or you can beg and scrape and a**kiss and before you know it, the kid is running your team. Too bad several NFL GMs and coaches never learned which was right. Green Bay did.

22 - Randy Moss.

28 - I could care less who is covering a baseball game, as long as its not McCarver.

31. LOL at Browns fans making fun of the hands of Braylon Edwards. Then you have Chancey Stuckey running down the field with a chance to win the game...and he drops the ball and Cleveland's victory as well! Nice upgrade. Payback is a 'Sandra when the Rangers lose'. That's priceless stuff right there. Perhaps the DB with the beautiful interception on his own three yard line should be your new receiver. Thankfully the ball sticks to him like glue.
;)

Sandra

It's also ironic the Jet's are now reaping the rewards of a team predominantly built by that cast-off, Eric Mangini.

He's in his second year with the Browns and I'm amazed at the progress. Hopefully the Browns give him more than 3 years to do his thing. He's a great young mind.

4. Didn't you used to be Troy Polamalu? He had a bad game last night in the middle of a bad season. Polamalu is well known for his free-lancing, but he seemed to guess wrong last night almost every time. He seemed to almost always be on the wrong side of the field. You used to see Troy in half the Pittsburgh highlights. Now you don't. The only highlight I remember seeing him in recently is when the long-hair on Cincinnati pancaked him at the goal line. For some reason, Brady has OWNED the Steelers over the years. That being said, I'd take Polamalu on my team ANY DAY!

8. I'm still not sold on Mark Sanchez, but give him credit for yesterday. He threw some ducks but came through when it counted. I still think Sanchez will be a very good NFL QB.

9. Jet fans are used to sitting there saying 'we outplayed the other team...we should have won...how the heck did we lose that game?' Now we're saying 'we easily woulda/coulda/shoulda lost but somehow we won.' The second part feels better. Absolutely!! This is EXACTLY how I feel when the Patriots win "ugly", and then I harken back to the days when they couldn't close out a solid game.

11. Utah's trip through the south resulted in almost as much carnage as Sherman's trip though the south 150 years ago. ;) As a said in the NBA thread, that was one of the most impressive NBA road trips in recent memory

LOL.......at least someone got my ATTEMPT at stupid humor!! :eek: :D

15. Is anyone gonna stay up and watch college basketball overnight tonight? Not me. I'll stay with Miami-Memphis for as long as I can because my fiancee is out of town, but I definitely won't even make it to the 2AM opening tip of St. John's-St. Mary's. Just got through watching the end of the Stony Brook-Monmouth game. I love games played in small gyms! :up

21. Now Minnesota lost and Brett has a new malady? Jeez, this guy is the diva of all divas. For all we know he plants these stories just in case they lose, because he hates the idea of people thinking Brett Favre simply lost. Favre is entering the Roger Clemens territory of hatred, which is a shame because if Favre really had retired three years ago or so he would really be a Nick Folk hero. (I blame you Bill!) Favre-Clemens? Great analogy, sans the roids!

23. My elbow still hurts sometimes from the bike accident. There is something small moving around in there! OUCH!!! hopefully it's not floating bone chips....those thing hurt!! :(

24. Just a warning...we are being invaded by Italy in May 2011. One girl in the family, so when she gets married the relatives make the trip...and half of southern Italy shows up. There are a couple of villages where I think the last one out will have to turn out the lights. We had to delay the wedding six months to handle all the logistics. My brother-in-laws relatives came home from southern Italy last Xmas........great people!!

25. Wow, Todd Haley is one fiery guy. Yelling at Josh MacDaniel and refusing to shake hands after the game yesterday. Oh my. Yeah, that was bizarre.

26. Isiah Thomas is going to be GM of the Knicks again. The only question is when. He's convinced Dolan that if he was still running the team Wade and Lebron would be playing for the homeys right now, because of all of Isiah's street cred. I'm not kidding. And he's also convinced Dolan he can lure Lebron here in 2014. Evil little man that one. You're kidding, right? RIGHT? :confused:

27. Bill Belicheck is an amazing coach. He just is. We like him! :D

28. Joe Morgan is finally off Sunday Night baseball. Thank goodness ESPN finally saw the light. Thank Gawd!!!

29. NFL Network names Jerry Rice number one player of all time. My dad would be very happy to hear that. He always said for all the praise Rice received, he didn't receive enough. IMO, Jerry Rice was the most dominant player I've ever seen. Great coice, NFLN!!

I heard him call a few games for the old Baseball Network....GREAT announcer! RIP

Sandra

Good stuff as always, Sandra!! :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)