This could be the dumbest ?? ever posted !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mk279

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 30, 2005
I received my ASC421 cband lnb last and I was wondering what the little black piece of rubber (.5" x 1.5") that came with it is for ?????????

This has potential to be one of the classic posts of all time ...... LOL.

:confused: :confused:

Give me time, I'm sure I'll post something even dumber. Heck, I may be doing it right now. My guess is that the rubber is to act as a pad for the screw that tightens the scalar ring to the lnbf. Instead of the screw digging into the metal on the lnbf it goes into the rubber.

That piece of rubber if it is sticky may be to wrap around the F fitting for weatherproofing?

mk279 said:
I received my ASC421 cband lnb last and I was wondering what the little black piece of rubber (.5" x 1.5") that came with it is for ?????????

This has potential to be one of the classic posts of all time ...... LOL.

:confused: :confused:

iammike said:
Give me time, I'm sure I'll post something even dumber. Heck, I may be doing it right now. My guess is that the rubber is to act as a pad for the screw that tightens the scalar ring to the lnbf. Instead of the screw digging into the metal on the lnbf it goes into the rubber.

I think I'll go with this one ............... makes sense !!!!!!!!!1

:) :)

derdude said:
That piece of rubber if it is sticky may be to wrap around the F fitting for weatherproofing?

but .......... this one gets a solid 2nd place.

Thanks guys ...................

Dang, I thought it was gum! No wonder my teeth went BLACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts