This is getting old...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
Contacting Dish's customer service gets very annoying at times for me.

Due to filing bankruptcy back in 1994 after heart surgery (no, we don't need no stink'n health care reform), I had to have a close friend of mine secure my equipment with his credit card when I signed up for Dish. Dish will not take my debit card unless I was willing to buy the equipment outright.

Now the statements are in my name and I have auto pay through my bank acct, but when I contact Dish (depending on who I get), I get hassled about getting info on the acct. They like to give me the line that "only the acct holder can access that info", until we go through a 20 question routine to satisfy them that I'm OK to give out the deep, dark secrets of this acct. This happens rather I'm calling Dish or using the online chat.

Yesterday I had to go through it because I was checking on a $6.99 credit I was due. All the info pertaining to the credit was already in the CSR's notes from a previous call. Yet, yesterday on chat I had the 20 questions routine just for them to look at the notes.

I could understand it a little if I was trying to change equipment or programming (maybe), but on just ordinary, everyday questions, credits, etc., I don't understand it. Specially, when they see it's my name on the billing and on the auto pay acct.

OK... I feel better.
Thanks!
Ghpr13:)

I agree I end up playing the same game even though my name is on the account. The last time I played it was to get a check on an eBay R00 number which had nothing to do with my account( the receiver was leased that I was checking on).

Have them set up a pin#. I only have to give them that when I call from my phone tied to my account. If I call from a different number,I just have to give them my phone# and physical address. Of course this doesn't protect you from reaching a clueless CSR.

If it is any consolation, I'm going to have to present Charter with an original of my father's death certificate in person (and during weekday-only business hours) to make changes to or cancel that account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts