This is so wrong......

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
This is wrong...in so many ways

So due to my location you see lots of antenna tower systems or really tall masts with guide wires attached. If you didnt have a giant antenna setup back in the day all you got was Channel 12 (CBS) and 22 (PBS). On the old house was a giant TV antenna (VU190) and a rotor. NE got ya Duluth (which was an all VHF market) fuzzy, South was MInneapolis, again fuzzy. West was PBS and NW was Walker (KCCW CBS...)

But now at the top of them you see various things
-really beat up antennas :(
-really nice antenna setups with multiple VHF only or UHF only antennas
-a combo antenna (usually with rotor)
-I've see a dish network dish up there...why the hell would you mount a dish either at the top of way up the tower when you have a good southern view (these are lake houses right on the lake and they all have a good southern view)

But today I've seen it all....at the top of a 70 or 80 foot tower? One of those crappy cheap "150 mile" Chinese antennas. You've seen them online. I mean if you're going to replace an antenna and climb a tower...by god put up something that actually is going to work and not get destroyed by a stiff gust of wind ;)

nah. Just driving down the road I live on (which is a state highway) and just happened to see it out of the corner of my eye. Might drive down there though ;)

I drove by it and there's too many people and it's too far away from the road to take a picture

Is this your P.o.S. antenna?
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1437969480.314212.jpg

Reactions: Mr Tony
I had it for a year. If you live 70 or less from a second market your good.
you cant use that blanket statement. I had a crappy antenna (got it from where I worked at the time) and it was like that. Crap thing didnt get signals 30 miles away, much less the 120 miles it claimed

The P.O.S. antenna will break weak in bad weather.
yup. And the snowstorms we get here in Minnesota will destroy that plastic crap

you cant use that blanket statement. I had a crappy antenna (got it from where I worked at the time) and it was like that. Crap thing didnt get signals 30 miles away, much less the 120 miles it claimed

yup. And the snowstorms we get here in Minnesota will destroy that plastic crap
how about the remote and the box it came with, junk too....

Unfortunately I bought one of those "P.o.s" antennas a couple years ago... I actually used it indoors. Half of the time the so called rotor would stop and not move, and you literally had to break the thing to get it to move again. I'd hate to think what would've happened if I used it outside... you live, you learn. If it seems to good to be true, it usually is. Now it just sits in a box in my basement...

I see there is one seller who is littering the Minneapolis craigslist with these lame antennas....hyping them up that they are the best thing out there
(but then again he likes to hype up anything he tries to sell.....just like when he was a mod here at satelliteguys)

You've got me tempted to peruse that local CL and try to figure out who it is. Wait, CL doesn't list any sort of names.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)