This is what it has come to

Status
Please reply by conversation.

memory

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
working usually
I guess we are supposed to lie to all our customers and tell them how great and wonderful the new HR20 is instead of telling them the truth about it that it is a quirky machine and to maybe expect some probs .

To see this you will have to us ea viewer you can zoom with

Attachments

• hr20.jpg
    hr20.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 430
Pretty similar to any internal communications I have seen for any company. Don't badmouth the people that pay the bills.

I'm calling BS.

Any senior executive who doesn't know "loose" vs "lose," much less gets that out in a widespread memo, should be beaten senseless.

My guess is that that is a crock.

So the techs are supposed to say to the customers : I KNOW NOTHING! just like Sgt. Schultz of Hogan's Heros. IF the damn receivers worked right in the first place maybe they wouldn't have to issue this kind of threatening letter to the techs.

Even though, its the same exact memo you would see anywhere. Just because you get a good percentage of a bad lot perhaps; doesn't mean that the remain 90%+ of unit are bad as well, because you personally have no personal testing data to back that. Why mouth off to a customer that pays your bills? Handel it internally to get it corrected. Like a professional.

I'm calling BS.

Any senior executive who doesn't know "loose" vs "lose," much less gets that out in a widespread memo, should be beaten senseless.

My guess is that that is a crock.

I've seen people with PhDs make that mistake in memos that go out. The state of English education in our country is appalling, as is proof reading.

I have heard from a friend who works for Hallstead (Big DirecTV RSP) that they got almost the same thing. I think the note is real.

Yep, likely used spell check versus proof reading and seeing that loose is a real word it didn't get highlighted. But the fact remains, it still is on point and accurate in its message; and happens in nearly every company exactly the same. It really is not that big a deal in the sense that they are not advocating lying, but just sticking to doing the job and not making personal comments that may not be statistically accurate across the entire rollout; hell every product has growing pains and is never perfect.

Last edited:
So.........the cx has a cell phone only
............calls DTV when the HR 20 blacks out /fails to record etc
............and again when he looses HD with the KA/KU 5lnb dish
.............since this is a pic in pic installation think x2
Each call could produce a backcharge to the tech who rigged the mess.
"Any" call to DTV = backcharge

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts