This maybe FTA or Dish Network Question.

Rick in MD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
I have a FTA setup, using a Dual Universal LNBF, I have spoke with a few about connecting to the 121 W Bird. (I appreciate all the help) Just wanted to drop this question out there for the rest to look at, as I have already signed up for the international content on 121 W and would like to begin receiving it. I have a DP301 receiver that I have updated with the newest version of the software, off my old 119W Dish. I do not intend on using that Dish, only the 121W Sat.

According to my research, I will need to get a Standard LNBF to replace the Universal LNBF. However, is there anyway to setup the system to either slave through my Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra (FTA Reciever) or just use the Dual LNBF to directly connect my DP301 to the Universal LNBF that would be great. Just want to confirm prior to purschasing the additional LNBF, if not needed.

Thanks in advance.
Rick

I don't think that your 301 receiver will recognize a standard or universal lnb. I might be wrong. I have never tried it but here here is what I did. I wanted only 1 international channel off of the 121 satellite but didn't want to pay Dish for another Superdish and installation. I purchased a 36 inch dish and bought a 121 superdish lnb assembly off of Ebay. I removed the 110 lnb and only connected the 121 fss lnb. This lnb is Dish Pro and is compatible with the rest of my equipment. I also had to buy a DPP 44 switch because I needed 4 satelite inputs. I hope this helps.

I can connect the DP301 to legacy LNBs from my original setup, I actually downloaded the updates that recognize the 121 W satellite. Do you think that makes any difference?

The only lnb that dish makes for linear satellites is the ones on a 105 or 121 superdish lnb assembly. Legacy lnbs are circular and will not work on the 105/121 birds. You can experiment with other standard or universal lnbs but I do not think they will work with your dish receiver. I don't have any other suggestions other than my example.

Well, I should have an answer in the AM, as my new LNBF shows up. I will update with results.

Rick

Got it to work - Now watching 725/726 on Dish

With the Standard LNBF, thanks to all that helped out.

Setup:
DP301 Receiver
Fortec Star 90CM Dish
SM3D12 HH Motor
Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra Recv
Pansat PT5500 Standard LNBF
Fortec Star Universal LNBF

Currently using the Pansat for Dish Network, hooked straight into the Dish Recv and Fortec Star Recv. Able to get the two German channels on 121W, tried many different things to get it to work with the Universal PNBF, but no go.. Has to be a standard FSS/KU band LNBF.

Rick (Whose wife is now very happy.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)