This new satellite they are putting up....

dankgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
I have read a few posts about this new satellite, I understand it is so we can receive more channels, is this correct?

I have also seen it said that they are planning on a new satellite so west coasters can get the signal easier. Right now in my area the satellite is 12 degrees above the horizon-most people have something in the way.

Is the alleged new satellite, the one being leased in october, going to provide easier access for west coast people? Or is it just for more channels?

When I move, I am going to have to take into consideration my access to the voom satellites!

Thanks,
--Dan

The October 2004 is leasing Tps (13). It is already in the sky. They have obtained other orbitals slots in the west ( I do not have the exact location yet). There are plans for new satellites but I haven't heard anything yet about constructions or a deadline for those slots.

The 13 Tps will be at 72 degrees. It will require a larger dish and whether it will be seeing without difficulty on west is anybody guess right now. There are some locations in the west which cannot see 61.5 degrees right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)