This was in the paper today.

I say with all the money SNY is spending on newspaper ads maybe they could have came down on the price to dish so that they might carry them.

Being the non-sports fan that I am, no big deal. They should move all of the sports networks to their own tier. That way I don't have to pay for any of them.

See? There's more than one side to the story.

That's my thoughts exactly,in fact I hope this happens,because every time contact time comes around the sports networks want to be in AT120,and that would cause AT120 to be not the cheapest programming priced package in America.

FSN tried it last time and lost,so the only question will be who will try it next.....and lose.;)

I hope also some day Dish Network can move the ESPN channels.For the price we pay for them Dish Network could add at least 10 other lower priced channels and make AT120,AT130.:)

Same kind of ad has been running in Upstate New York trying to get all the Syracuse University basketball fans to switch.

In my local paper, too.

Just amazing Charlie hasn't come to grips with this yet. I'll never be a Dish customer again, even in Charter territory (and a HORRID Charter franchise, at that!) until this is fixed.

I'm with you. Had Dish for 10+ years, way back to the 4000/5000 receiver days, but had to bail when they dumped SNY because of the Mets/Huskies. Now I'm stuck with Charter, and it really bites. The DVR is horrible compared to Dish.

I would pay for a sport tier at Dish that had all of the ESPNs, SNY, MSG, YES, and whatever else they threw in there. But alas, they do not offer that option. If Charter can do it, why can't Dish?

Charter in Eastern Ct. does not have a sports tier, at least not like you are portraying. The RSN's and ESPN are part of the packages including the basic. And I will point out cost much more than Dish. The box my Brother in-Law has sucks. And where I am goes out at the drop of a leaf at work. :)
I chose to catch Husky games as I can, and don't care about NY sports unless it's to see them lose............so happily kept Dish.

Last edited:
Charter in Eastern Ct. does not have a sports tier, at least not like you are portraying. The RSN's and ESPN are part of the packages including the basic. And I will point out cost much more than Dish. The box my Brother in-Law has sucks. And where I am goes out at the drop of a leaf at work. :)
I chose to catch Husky games as I can, and don't care about NY sports unless it's to see them lose............so happily kept Dish.

I didn't mean Charter had a sports tier, I meant that Charter has the channels available. At one time, they offered only Boston sports, which really sucked and was why I went to Dish in the first place. Fortunately, that has changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts