Kevinw

Just a regular guy
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
ajc.com > Associated Press story
Fla. student suspended from bus for passing gas

LAKELAND, Fla. — An eighth-grader was suspended from riding the school bus for three days after being accused of passing gas. The bus driver wrote on a misbehavior form that a 15-year-old teen passing gas on the bus Monday to make the other children laugh, creating a stench so bad that it was difficult to breathe. The bus driver handed the teen the suspension form the next day.

Polk County school officials said there's no rule against flatulence, but there are rules against causing a disturbance on the bus.

The teen said he wasn't the one passing gas.

Whether he did it or not, he might have gotten off easy. A 13-year-old student at a Stuart school was arrested in November after authorities said he broke wind in class.

___

Information from: The Ledger, theledger.com | The Ledger | Lakeland, FL

What a legacy for your 20 year high school reunion. "Dude, remember when you got arrested for farting?"

That is absolutely stupid, but funny. The punishment does not fit the crime and they can't prove he did it either. I would sue the school district.

Truly amazing. And not in any good way. Next, we'll prosecute the lunch lady for serving cabbage and beans. :rolleyes:

The high school that I went to gave you a "tardy slip" even if you couldn't get to class on time for "toilet issues". Had to spend a day in detention because of a "sick spell" where I had to use the toilet way too much. My parents got it reduced to one day from a week when they threatened "legal action" against the school. If the ADA had been in effect in the 80's, this would have put the school in legal "hot water". As for the gas story, in my opinion, the kid's parent's ought to sue.

ADA-Americans with Disabilties Act

Getting arrested for farting.....................................Now that stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. Couldn't help it. It just slipped out!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how much of that stuff really happens as it's written. Arrested for doing something as normal as burping or passing-gas?

No wonder people think this world is going down-hill so fast, you can say anything and people think it's true.

I have seen stupid stuff like this around here too.

Kids do stupid things but this sounds like one of those zero-tolerance policies gone amok.

I will say that guy farts and dog farts can both be in the category of " OH MY GOD!!! who killed a water buffalo and left it out in the summer sun to rot" kind of smell so it may be justified. Guys and dogs are well known for eating some strange things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts