This week?

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Did anyone's DVR record Sun "This Week" on ABC. It skipped on both mine & my bro's DVR's (both 722k) He's in pacific time zone & I'm in central. Please don't bother getting in to why do I record it; I record all the Sun news political shows, so does my bro.

OTA busy

Funny it did the same thing on my dvr and I have the 922. I should of used ota instead.

My OTA was busy set to record "Face The Nation" half way thru "This Week" & Meet the Press". Thanks for letting me know I would like to find out if it was a common problem.

Last edited:
It may not have aired at all, at least in the Los Angeles area:

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Both of my 722's (one OTA; the other Sat LIL) and my TiVo Series 3 (using OTA) did NOT record This Week even though it was on the schedule as recently as a few days before. Yes, I have ridiculous back-up on this show as it only airs ONCE, and I don't want to chance missing it because one DVR blows it.

The Dish DVR's have NO RECORD in the Timer history regarding This Week at all for This Week, as if it never existed, no did not record entry "due to priority" or "not a new episode" or "wrong program". Nothing.

However, my TiVo Series 3 history says that This Week was not recorded because it was "no longer in the guide". Unlike Dish, TiVo will display the guide data long after the real time has passed. So, I check the TiVo guide and This Week was still listed in the guide. Odd!

Well, it is nice to know that I wasn't the only one, and it seems like it never aired. Did anyone in the U.S. see or record This Week last Sunday? If both Dish (Sat LIL and OTA) and TiVo (direct OTA connection ONLY, no cable service) did not record it, then it suggests something in the ether :).

I can add that I have since found the broadcast on ABC's website, so it did air, but maybe not for us?

Last edited:
I noticed on Saturday night that 'This Week' was not set to record even though I have a timer for all episodes. It was in the guide so I set a another timer for that single episode and it recorded and I watched it.

Then something was up, especially since someone in Pittsburgh was also affected. Both TiVo and Dish use Tribune. I have no explanation, but my earlier post details how both Dish and TiVo were affected by this.

Schedule change?

I'm beginning to think that there may have been a sports event scheduled that was canceled a before and few days or was canceled. That would hit both providers too fast for a guide turn around which is maybe 3 to 4 days.

well this week was in the guide the nite before, i was looking for something else and wanted to make sure there was no conflict.

this bug acted like when george s left the show, its there but the name changed a bit....

perhaps a minor typo?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)