This whole 'Droid' movement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
I want to get in on it. Why? Because I want a keyboard on my phone, which the iPhone doesn't have, and I don't want AT&T. Which droid phone is the best one? is verizon the only carrier right now?

Verizon is the only one with the Droid but most of the providers all have Android based phones. The droid is just a name that Verizon has given to their Android based phones.

hm, the verizon site keeps freezing on me. are there any modestly priced packages? $90/mo at AT&T is too expensive for internet, text, and the smallest amount of minutes

Hmm, so Sprint has the best deal it seems. I wish they had something with less than 450 minutes available.

The Samsung Moment is the Android based phone with keyboard on Sprint right now. I have Sprint but I chose the HTC Hero over the Moment.

T mobile Unlimited Talk + Text + Web
checkmark.gif
checkmark.gif
checkmark.gif
$79.99

500 Talk + Text + Web
checkmark.gif
checkmark.gif
checkmark.gif
$59.99

I've got a Nexus One on T-mobile. $59.99 gets me 500 talk + unlimited SMS + unlimited data with no contract. Tmo's 3G is great but footprint is small compared to Sprint and VZW. Not a problem if you are in a 3G market.

I've also spent quite a bit of time with the Samsung Moment and HTC Hero. Both are nice. I used to prefer having a slide out qwerty keyboard but I've gotten used to not needing one. I love my N1. Next choice would be the HTC Hero. Overall, I love Andriod!

the t-mobile plan looks great. the nexus one is available with that plan? google won't let me view plans on their site without entering a ton of info

I've got a Nexus One on T-mobile. $59.99 gets me 500 talk + unlimited SMS + unlimited data with no contract. Tmo's 3G is great but footprint is small compared to Sprint and VZW. Not a problem if you are in a 3G market.

I've also spent quite a bit of time with the Samsung Moment and HTC Hero. Both are nice. I used to prefer having a slide out qwerty keyboard but I've gotten used to not needing one. I love my N1. Next choice would be the HTC Hero. Overall, I love Andriod!
Great phone! I was looking at this one but i think i will go with Motorola Motoroi T-Mobile Bound .

There are two major drawbacks for me on the Nexus One.

1) T-Mobile coverage
2) Phone support with Google and service support with T-Mobile. I just have this strange feeling that there will be a lot of finger pointing between companies and only the consumer will suffer in this support model.

I was paying 107.00 per month at&t (iphone, 900 minutes, 200 text messages, unlimited data).

after my iphone went bad and stopped working with no help from at&t - phone is 18 months old and warranty was only one year, i bought a blackberry from ebay and lowered to 450 minutes, unlimited data, 200 text messages and now my bill is 80.00 per month.

i thought about sprint and vzw, i used a droid at vzw's store and it was fast on their network.
made my iphone look like a slug in this area. i had seen some really quick 3G service from at&t in Nashville, tn when the hotel we were in had a failed wifi system. I had to resort to my phone for web. my laptop would not get any open wifi signals down there.

3G here is not much to brag about imo. i can't tell much difference from edge except the symbol on the screen changes to 3G.

The name Droid applies to a particular Motorola phone that is exclusive to verizon. Other carriers sell phones that use the android operating system but they are not the same model.

The name Droid applies to a particular Motorola phone that is exclusive to verizon. Other carriers sell phones that use the android operating system but they are not the same model.

Isn't this pretty much the same thing that was said in post #2 except the name does not just fit the Motorola phone. They also have the Droid Eris that is made by HTC.

For me Sprint in my area sucks and since I travel often, I need something available lots of places and Verizon is one that has it all.

Isn't this pretty much the same thing that was said in post #2 except the name does not just fit the Motorola phone. They also have the Droid Eris that is made by HTC.

Close. I just thought it might help to mention the phone maker etc. Perhaps it was a mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)