Those of you on EA

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
Any of you getting zero signal strength on 61.5 TP 29 and 77 TP 13?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Wow... I guess nobody knows how to check their signal strength around here? ;)

chapelrun said:
both are showing zero here. Others showing good strength.

70 miles west of Washington, DC, cloudy, VIP211K

Thanks :) . Now I know it's nothing on my end. No issues with channel reception either.

I'll have to check when I get home. I'm sure I'd see the same thing as you though. I figured it was nothing on my end but you never know...

Must not be any channels on those TPs.

61.5 TP 29 just came back - strength 55 but Name Not Acquired

77 TP 13 is still zero

I check signal strength every day, including the diagnostic menu that ckecks 4 TP per SAT and TP29 on 61.5 has been out daily for about 10 days. Have not checked today. Cannot tell you about 77 since 1 am on 119/110/61.5 mixed arc. I hope that helps.

Just a note is that my signal on 61.5 has increased about 10-15 points in the last week or so. I have 80's on about 8 TP with a 43" dish

dbs2000 said:
I check signal strength every day, including the diagnostic menu that ckecks 4 TP per SAT and TP29 on 61.5 has been out daily for about 10 days. Have not checked today. Cannot tell you about 77 since 1 am on 119/110/61.5 mixed arc. I hope that helps.

Just a note is that my signal on 61.5 has increased about 10-15 points in the last week or so. I have 80's on about 8 TP with a 43" dish

Yeah I was checking the Status page that lists four "home" TPs per sat. I actually have both Arcs set up with a 1000.2 and a 1000.4, respectively. While running the checks on RA just for the heck of it I noticed those TPs that were zero. Doesn't seem to affect any channels though. When I get a chance I'll see what channels (if any) are on those TPs using Thelist or lyngsat.

None if the "home" TPs on 72.7 or the WA says seem to be exhibiting this behavior.

Btw, you probably already know this, but the mixed arc 61.5/110/119 setup is now missing most of the HD channels.

Empty TP

Yeah I was checking the Status page that lists four "home" TPs per sat. I actually have both Arcs set up with a 1000.2 and a 1000.4, respectively. While running the checks on RA just for the heck of it I noticed those TPs that were zero. Doesn't seem to affect any channels though. When I get a chance I'll see what channels (if any) are on those TPs using Thelist or lyngsat.

None if the "home" TPs on 72.7 or the WA says seem to be exhibiting this behavior.

Btw, you probably already know this, but the mixed arc 61.5/110/119 setup is now missing most of the HD channels.

On 61.5 TP 29 you won't find ANY channels because they were moved to other TP and left a Virtual Channel I guess to keep it warm with some kind of future plan to again move something into it.

As far as missing a lot of HD with mixed arc, we have no choice until the BIG day arrives with Echo 16 coming in line in the next few months with spot beams to our location that a 17" can pick up. For me 61.5 is just a standard def SAT with strong signal now.

Hope this helps.

Oh, didn't notice that you're in Puerto Rico. Doesn't show on the phone.

Uplink permanently shifted programming off TP29 from 61.5 and TP13 from 77.0. They are now permanently disabled.