Those of you with a 2 hopper setup

BrownHound

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2004
Amherst, VA
Do you have PTAT going on both hoppers, or just on one of them???

I assume when the hoppers can be linked only having on one would be necessary since you can access recordings on either hopper.

most are doing just one or zero (on this forum). If you have a joey in the mix, then you could place that in the most common location for now until the integration happens as they can switch back and forth between hoppers.

I have our Joey hooked up to the Hopper that is not used a lot, works out well for us

Do you have PTAT going on both hoppers, or just on one of them???

I assume when the hoppers can be linked only having on one would be necessary since you can access recordings on either hopper.
For now, Hoppers can't share with each other, only with Joeys. If you need to view PTA on both Hoppers, then you need it enabled on each. Hopper content sharing is reportedly coming in a month "starting with a J" when having PTA on only one Hopper will be needed.

Until full Hopper integration arrives, I keep both Hoppers attached to the main household TV; Joeys everywhere else so content from both Hoppers is viewable on all TVs. When we have full Hopper integration, I plan to move one of the Hoppers to the last TV in the house. So, I don't need to run PTAT on both, but do because of periodic reliability issues with both the Hopper and PTAT. Just last night, Hopper #2 locked up and went into a 30 minute integrity test - glad I had Hopper #1 recording PTAT also. When things stabilize, I will go to PTAT on one Hopper only to free up a live tuner.

I use PTAT on both of my Hoppers. I want to make sure I don't miss any show no matter what TV I'm watching. Once integration is available I will just have it on one.

I only have PTAT enabled on my 2nd Hopper, and I rarely use it. At this point, is really just a fail safe for me if I happen to miss a network recording on my primary Hopper.

I have PTAT enabled on both Hoppers now. When the Hoppers get the update so they can see each other, then I will go down to having only 1 enabled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts