Thoughts to Ponder

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
First off, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Be safe.
On to the thoughts

1) Will Eric Mangini be fired if the Jets don't make the playoffs? Is it over for the Mangenious?
2) Not to start looking ahead but Christmas Eve is Thurs. next year. Will we have Thurs. Night Football on Christmas Eve?
3) I do agree from another post about how the Baseball playoff games should be during the day? They do have DVRs now. I mean if people can afford a DVD player which I'm painfully aware of now, they could afford DVRs, right?
4) Has there ever been a week 17 in the NFL like this one? I think 10 out of the 16 games have playoff implications.
5) For the Mets fan(s) on this site, are you excited the Mets might sign Derek Lowe?
6) What is your favorite Christmas song?
7) What are some of your Christmas traditions?
8) Anyone going to watch the Hawaii/Norte Dame game tonight?
9) Better question might be do you think Norte Dame will win?
10) Have you taken a look at the MLB Network schedule for Jan.? It looks pretty good. Btw, how do figure out what channel it's going to be on. I have Comcast so I know it's going to be on there but I just can't figure out what channel it's going to be on.
11) So, will anybody be watching the Peach Bowl on New Year's Eve night?
12) How about the Sun Bowl earlier in the day?
13) 5 NBA Games on Christmas Day? Seriously 5. I was surprised when I saw that those were the games that were going to be on.

Once again, be safe and Have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!

1. Forget about Mangini for a second, they gave up Pennington for a 1 season hof (latest article shows Favre might not return next season)
3. DVR'S mean nothing; again, sports are controlled by corporations and ads need to be in prime time
4. Great weekend of playoff games. . . as a Giants fan, I am interested in seeing where Carolina ends up
5. Lowe is good especially at the price
6. Bowie and Bing . . . little drummer boy
8. ND fan here, so I will watch
9. ND needs to win; no choice
10. MLB never on Dish, so I am on the outs

Happy Holidays!

Here's another thought to ponder. I'm trying to register for the506.com. They do a good job with the NFL Distribution Maps and talk about old sports annoucers and has a Sports Broadcasting History. Anyway, I've tried many, many times to register and everytime I do I have to click on an email they send to activate my account. Well, when I do this, it says "An Error has Occured" and that I wasn't pre-registered (which I was) or the 24 hrs. in which I'm supposed to activate it expired. That, too, is bs because I activate it as soon as I get it.

I mean I don't know what else to do. I'm posting this because when I do email the site either they don't respond or when they do, I still can't figure it out. Maybe I shouldn't use this site for me to complain but I'm at wits end!!! Does anybody know why I can't get into this site!!!!

First off, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Be safe.
On to the thoughts

1) Will Eric Mangini be fired if the Jets don't make the playoffs? Is it over for the Mangenious?
2) Not to start looking ahead but Christmas Eve is Thurs. next year. Will we have Thurs. Night Football on Christmas Eve?
3) I do agree from another post about how the Baseball playoff games should be during the day? They do have DVRs now. I mean if people can afford a DVD player which I'm painfully aware of now, they could afford DVRs, right?
4) Has there ever been a week 17 in the NFL like this one? I think 10 out of the 16 games have playoff implications.
5) For the Mets fan(s) on this site, are you excited the Mets might sign Derek Lowe?
6) What is your favorite Christmas song?
7) What are some of your Christmas traditions?
8) Anyone going to watch the Hawaii/Norte Dame game tonight?
9) Better question might be do you think Norte Dame will win?
10) Have you taken a look at the MLB Network schedule for Jan.? It looks pretty good. Btw, how do figure out what channel it's going to be on. I have Comcast so I know it's going to be on there but I just can't figure out what channel it's going to be on.
11) So, will anybody be watching the Peach Bowl on New Year's Eve night?
12) How about the Sun Bowl earlier in the day?
13) 5 NBA Games on Christmas Day? Seriously 5. I was surprised when I saw that those were the games that were going to be on.

Once again, be safe and Have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Don't know if this is your Comcast or not, but the list I see shows MLB on 170, does that sound possible on your cablesystem ?

http://www.comcast.com/Customers/Clu/ChannelLineup.ashx?area=0

Jimbo

Last edited:
Jimbo, thanks for the help!!! I found the channel, it's 269, but it's not up yet so I'm assuming it will be up on Jan. 1. I thought we get at least a free preview. I've heard that some people are getting free previews.

It mentions that the Big Ten Network is on 266 and that channel isn't even available to me, which makes me wonder that we will eventually get it.

Btw, if you go to the mlbnetwork website which I think is just mlb.com you could search by your zip code to see what channel mlbnetwork is going to be on. I just saw it was going to be 185. Just wanted to pass that along.

IMHO,

1 - Should be.

2 - I really think that there should have been a game on Christmas night, in a warm weather city.

3 - The baseball playoffs during the day is far superior to start times after 9 PM ET. You can record a game during the day or listen on the radio, but many people simply cannot stay up to 1 AM and even if you record it, there is no time to watch it before the next game.

13 - I miss the Blue-Grey game. A great college all-star game of players from I-AA and small colleges, plus players from I-A teams that did not go to a bowl. The NBA is awful and its just another day in their meaningless regular season where Memphis and Oklahoma City will be eliminate before the three months of playoffs. MEMO: The NHL needs to bomb Christmas Day with two big matchups, and a minor bowl need to be there as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)