Thoughts to Ponder

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
1) How much do you think Pujols will get? I think the money and the contract goes higher based on this World Series?

2) Will the NBA Lockout ever end? When the NBA does eventually come back, how much will the NBA be hurting based on the lockout?

3) Do you give CJ Wilson a big money contract based on this postseason?

4) Did anyone by chance watch "Triumph and Tragedy-The Story of the 1994 Montreal Expos" on MLB Network? It was very good. I could watch stories like that all day. Very interesting.

5) The UFL has ended. That really is too bad because I support guys trying to make a living. Im sure most of the guys in that league are/were not NFL ready but still, guys just getting a shot. You got to respect that.

6) Very obscure question but does anybody remember the WLAF? That stood for World League of American Football. They aired games on ABC and USA Network in 1991 and 1992.

7) If I was in charge of NFL scheduling, I would schedule Saturday afternoon games, like they did in the old days. You could have one on FOX, CBS and NFL Network. Do you agree?

8) Where do you think Versus, soon to be NBC Sports Network, will be in 3 yrs.? 5 yrs.? It seems like they will eventually challenge ESPN.

9) Do you know the McRib is back?? Woohoo!! I had on Saturday and I think its great.

10) Not to get too argumentive on the board, and I definitely dont want that, but do you think there is too much technology right now? I-Pads, I-Phones, Apps, etc. Remember when you had to find out the sports scores by looking at the newspaper?

11) I guess Roy Oswalt and Brad Lidge are available now. Options declined. Where do you think they will end up?

12) I might have asked this before, so I apologize, but do you guys go shopping on Black Friday? Or will you be watching the NHL game on NBC?

13) How would rate the World Series so far?

14) Anybody else think they should stop having a regular season NFL game in London?

1) How much do you think Pujols will get? I think the money and the contract goes higher based on this World Series? IMHO, no one will offer him MORE than 6 years except the Cards...and even then, I doubt that. IF he is looking to average around $25 a year for approx. 5 years...there will be plenty of takers. After that, he is pushing his luck.

2) Will the NBA Lockout ever end? When the NBA does eventually come back, how much will the NBA be hurting based on the lockout? MAN, you are crazy to think you can get a full answer here...LOL! Yes it will end. They only hurting they will have is in PR.

3) Do you give CJ Wilson a big money contract based on this postseason? He is young and good and has proved his worth...he will get a raise.

4) Did anyone by chance watch "Triumph and Tragedy-The Story of the 1994 Montreal Expos" on MLB Network? It was very good. I could watch stories like that all day. Very interesting. NO...damn it, I wanted to see that. Do you know if will be repeated? if so POST IT MAN! ;)

7) If I was in charge of NFL scheduling, I would schedule Saturday afternoon games, like they did in the old days. You could have one on FOX, CBS and NFL Network. Do you agree? Absolutely!

8) Where do you think Versus, soon to be NBC Sports Network, will be in 3 yrs.? 5 yrs.? It seems like they will eventually challenge ESPN. To me, it would depend on the way they report news and hopefully not go ape-sh&* over players the way ESPN would go nutz about the Yankees/Red Sox, Bret Favre and Lebron James.

10) Not to get too argumentive on the board, and I definitely dont want that, but do you think there is too much technology right now? I-Pads, I-Phones, Apps, etc. Remember when you had to find out the sports scores by looking at the newspaper? YEP. And that is bad thing about technology. Back 15 years ago when you had no phones with cameras, there was more privacy for professional athletes. Now, the moment something happens to a pro athlete, its on youtube. Hell, the tabloid TMZ is a "sports section" called TMZ Sports. Look at all of the headlines in the sports internet pages...I can assure you that most of the time, 50% of the sports news has MORE to do with off the field activity than games and scores and injures.

11) I guess Roy Oswalt and Brad Lidge are available now. Options declined. Where do you think they will end up? Oswalt is still a very good pitcher, but with heavy miles. When he signs with someone else, I really doubt it will be for no more than 3 years. Where, there a plenty of teams that are really good and Roy will be perfect as long as they depend on him as no higher than their #2 or #3 guy. Lidge...wow...since giving up the homer in the playoffs to Pujols in Houston a few years back...which by the way, was last seen orbiting the earth for a 4 time a weeks ago...he mental psyche has become oatmeal. The guys does not have mental anymore. And it's too bad because that guys some serious stuff.

12) I might have asked this before, so I apologize, but do you guys go shopping on Black Friday? Or will you be watching the NHL game on NBC? I am getting Thanksgiving and Black Friday off for the 1st time in 15 years(the advantage of being a people manager in IT :D), there is NO WAY you will see me anywhere near those madhouses..!13) How would rate the World Series so far?

14) Anybody else think they should stop having a regular season NFL game in London? I see the NFL expanding to multiple cities outside the US by 2020. The flirting of possibly moving the Bills to Toronto was MORE of indication to me than all those games in London. I see maybe a couple of the major cities in Canada and Mexico City as ideal spots due to the size of the possible television vewiers...ESPECIALLY Mexico City with an estamited population of almost 21 million in the metro area.

:D

2. Hope it never ends....bunch of high priced thugs if you ask me
4. you must have Dish. That was on last year and is very well done. They could honestly have made that a 90 minute or 2 hour one for as much crap they went through.
5. They still existed? I didnt know they even playeed this year
6. yes
7. nah
8. they wont challenge ESPN based on sheer numbers. ESPN has 4 nets right now...NBC Sports has 2 technically. Unless they launch like a Versus 2 then maybe
9. yuck! Nastiest thing out there.
10. I still look at the newspaper for scores once in a while. The issue here in Minneapolis is we have 2 papers in the Twin CIties. The St Paul paper for sports is HORRIBLE. Half the time you check the scores in the sports section and it says "late"...um you cant even post the Twins score when they are at home? 10:00 is too "late?" Minneapolis is more thorough and I likeit for the high school/small college scores
12. nope. Worked too many years in retail on "idiot" Friday. Worked at Wal-Mart during the tickle me elmo year and the Furbies year. I'm sorry but I dont need another 300 pound woman damn near crushing me while I'm taking off the tarp over the stuff to get a damn tub of legos for $5
13. I havent watched much of it so really cant comment.
14. nah. Its not really hurting anything. The whole Toronto thing should though.

Outside of 1 game, Pujols WS has been nothing spectacular.
He was like 1-11 outside of the one game.

Ok .... outside of Game 3, he is currently 0-12 with 3 walks. and 1 rbi.

2. Hope it never ends....bunch of high priced thugs if you ask me
4. you must have Dish. That was on last year and is very well done. They could honestly have made that a 90 minute or 2 hour one for as much crap they went through.
5. They still existed? I didnt know they even playeed this year
6. yes
7. nah
8. they wont challenge ESPN based on sheer numbers. ESPN has 4 nets right now...NBC Sports has 2 technically. Unless they launch like a Versus 2 then maybe
9. yuck! Nastiest thing out there.
10. I still look at the newspaper for scores once in a while. The issue here in Minneapolis is we have 2 papers in the Twin CIties. The St Paul paper for sports is HORRIBLE. Half the time you check the scores in the sports section and it says "late"...um you cant even post the Twins score when they are at home? 10:00 is too "late?" Minneapolis is more thorough and I likeit for the high school/small college scores
12. nope. Worked too many years in retail on "idiot" Friday. Worked at Wal-Mart during the tickle me elmo year and the Furbies year. I'm sorry but I dont need another 300 pound woman damn near crushing me while I'm taking off the tarp over the stuff to get a damn tub of legos for $5
13. I havent watched much of it so really cant comment.
14. nah. Its not really hurting anything. The whole Toronto thing should though.

Iceberg, if you dont mind me asking, is that you in your Avatar pic? I say that because if thats you, I think you can take any man, anytime!!

close but no.....but when you are blindsided by women trying to climb over you to get legos and crap any man is at a disadvantage no matter your size

that one is on the 84 Padres team

I just checked with the mlb network website and Iceberg is right. Its about the 84 Padres. Salsa, may I interest you in whats on after it which is "Baseball Seasons" looking at 1990. I watch those "Baseball Seasons" shows and they are good.

7) If I was in charge of NFL scheduling, I would schedule Saturday afternoon games, like they did in the old days. You could have one on FOX, CBS and NFL Network. Do you agree?

Check out week 16 of this year's NFL schedule. They're playing all games on saturday except Thursday Night(Texans @ Colts),Sunday Night(Bears @ Packers),& Monday Night(Falcons @ Saints) because it is Christmas weekend & Christmas falls on Sunday. I remember when they use to play on Saturday when college football season was over. it would usually be the last two weekends of the NFL season.

Check out week 16 of this year's NFL schedule. They're playing all games on saturday except Thursday Night(Texans @ Colts),Sunday Night(Bears @ Packers),& Monday Night(Falcons @ Saints) because it is Christmas weekend & Christmas falls on Sunday. I remember when they use to play on Saturday when college football season was over. it would usually be the last two weekends of the NFL season.

So, whats wrong with having a NFL game on Christmas Day or Eve ? (asking the NFL)

They use to do that and I always looked forward to it .

Jimbo, the NFL would be smart to have a Christmas Eve/Day game. I mean with the NBA having a lockout, why not? You could put some of those lesser college bowl games on that day as well. I also think the college bowls should end on Jan. 1 anyway but thats for a different post.

So, whats wrong with having a NFL game on Christmas Day or Eve ? (asking the NFL)

They use to do that and I always looked forward to it .

This is the second time that they have done this that I can remember(the first time,that I can remember,was just a few years ago,the last time that Christmas fell on Sunday),the first time since I got DIRECTV & NFL ST.

Jimbo, the NFL would be smart to have a Christmas Eve/Day game. I mean with the NBA having a lockout, why not? You could put some of those lesser college bowl games on that day as well. I also think the college bowls should end on Jan. 1 anyway but thats for a different post.

I agree with all of this !

Christmas would be into the FLEX schedule, maybe they will do something on Christmas afterall.

1) How much do you think Pujols will get? I think the money and the contract goes higher based on this World Series?

I don't see a bidding war for him...unless the Cubs somehow get involved. At this point I can't imagine him playing anywhere else but St Louis...especially if the post-game media pressure bothers him.

2) Will the NBA Lockout ever end? When the NBA does eventually come back, how much will the NBA be hurting based on the lockout?

They will most likely miss either half of the season, without an outside possibility they will miss the whole season...but it will end. Your second question is a good one. The NHL is THRIVING after (because of?) the lockout...but this is quite a different economic time. The NBA could be hurt by this.

3) Do you give CJ Wilson a big money contract based on this postseason?

Not based on his post-season, but perhaps based on his regular season.

4) Did anyone by chance watch "Triumph and Tragedy-The Story of the 1994 Montreal Expos" on MLB Network? It was very good. I could watch stories like that all day. Very interesting.

Missed it.

5) The UFL has ended. That really is too bad because I support guys trying to make a living. Im sure most of the guys in that league are/were not NFL ready but still, guys just getting a shot. You got to respect that.

Agree

6) Very obscure question but does anybody remember the WLAF? That stood for World League of American Football. They aired games on ABC and USA Network in 1991 and 1992.

I remember NFL Europe!

Not sure when/why they went away.

8) Where do you think Versus, soon to be NBC Sports Network, will be in 3 yrs.? 5 yrs.? It seems like they will eventually challenge ESPN.

Yes, to some extent.

9) Do you know the McRib is back?? Woohoo!! I had on Saturday and I think its great.

Gross! LOL

10) Not to get too argumentive on the board, and I definitely dont want that, but do you think there is too much technology right now? I-Pads, I-Phones, Apps, etc. Remember when you had to find out the sports scores by looking at the newspaper?

My dad aways talked about Sports phone!

11) I guess Roy Oswalt and Brad Lidge are available now. Options declined. Where do you think they will end up?

Good question. Both still have a few miles left in them, but are no longer elite. Lidge never did recover from the home run he gave up to the Astros.

12) I might have asked this before, so I apologize, but do you guys go shopping on Black Friday? Or will you be watching the NHL game on NBC?

Lots of sports on TV on Black Friday...although I always seem to find myself at one of my niece's or nephews soccer tournaments that weekend.

13) How would rate the World Series so far?

Fantastic!!!

14) Anybody else think they should stop having a regular season NFL
game in London?

Once a year, it's interesting

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts