Thoughts to Ponder

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
1) Who's ready for some football??!! Is it wrong that Im watching NFL Preseason Live on NFL Network??

2) Do you guys have any surprise teams this year in the NFL?

3) The Reds are slumping a little bit. Do you think the Reds hold off and win the NL Central?

4) What do you guys think of the Orioles, the Pirates and the Nationals? Do you think they make the playoffs?

5) What do you think of the MLB new playoff format? Heres the link: MLB announces 2012 Postseason schedule | MLB.com: News

6) Have you watched the Olympics and if you have, what do you think of it?

7) What are your thoughts on the Hope Solo, Brandi Chastian twitter war? I really cant comment on it because I dont know enough about soccer to take a side.

8) Remember how people were depressed that Micheal Phelps lost? He surely rebounded, didnt he?

9) If you guys read the mlb thread, you can skip this question/comment. Despite winning today, Im very upset about the Mets. The Mets finally won at home today. I heard that it was there first home victory in 23 home games. Could that be right? Well, anyway, they have struggled. If they continue to struggle, they could end up in last place. If you check the standings, the Mets, Marlins and Phillies, are 3 games difference between each other.

10) Do you think the Yankees make it and win the World Series? They certainly have the power to do it.

11) Did you hear the UFL is back??!!! Ok, calm down, thats right the UFL is back!! They are airing there games on CBS Sports Network.

12) Jan. 2, 2013, NBC starts there own radio network, any thoughts?

13) For you guys that dont live here in the East Coast, especially NY, Conn., NJ, all we are hearing is about Tebow and Sanchez and the season hasnt even started yet. At least, you guys are spared somewhat.

1) Who's ready for some football??!! Is it wrong that Im watching NFL Preseason Live on NFL Network??
Not yet. Yes it is. ;)
Bengals win it all
3) The Reds are slumping a little bit. Do you think the Reds hold off and win the NL Central?
Yes, as long as they get back Votto and he has no ill effects from the knee surgery.
4) What do you guys think of the Orioles, the Pirates and the Nationals? Do you think they make the playoffs?
At least 2 of them will.
5) What do you think of the MLB new playoff format? Heres the link: MLB announces 2012 Postseason schedule | MLB.com: News
It's ok I guess.
Yes, I like the Summer more than the Winter myself.
7) What are your thoughts on the Hope Solo, Brandi Chastian twitter war? I really cant comment on it because I dont know enough about soccer to take a side.
I don't really care.
8) Remember how people were depressed that Micheal Phelps lost? He surely rebounded, didnt he?
In a big way

10) Do you think the Yankees make it and win the World Series? They certainly have the power to do it.
No, they choke. LOL
11) Did you hear the UFL is back??!!! Ok, calm down, thats right the UFL is back!! They are airing there games on CBS Sports Network.
Who is back?
Radio? What is that?

Count me in. I cannot believe I was watching preseason last night. I guess the bad taste of last season for the Raiders and the totally horrid seasons by the Marlins has me desperate! LOL!

I will keep saying it. It will be my Raiders. Flying WAY below the radar with NOTHING expected from the except a 6-10 season.

NO ONE else seems to have enough to take it away from them. I would LOVE for the Pirates to battle them to the bitter end.

Nope, Nope and yes. I have to say, for as well as the Nats are playing...they got very lucky in the fact that the Phillies had ALL of their big guns hurt...Marlins had slumps and injuries to just about everyone...the Braves got off to a crappy start and the Mets never really had enough horses to compete. Before I consider them a "mainstay" as a playoff contender, let's see what happens next year.

ANYTHING to promote a league that lack BIG time in ratings, I am for.

I can honestly say, this is the Olympics I have watched the least. I do not know why.

9) If you guys read the mlb thread, you can skip this question/comment. Despite winning today, Im very upset about the Mets. The Mets finally won at home today. I heard that it was there first home victory in 23 home games. Could that be right? Well, anyway, they have struggled. If they continue to struggle, they could end up in last place. If you check the standings, the Mets, Marlins and Phillies, are 3 games difference between each other.
The Mets are a team with slingshots when most of the division has guns.

:popcorn

See above

13) For you guys that dont live here in the East Coast, especially NY, Conn., NJ, all we are hearing is about Tebow and Sanchez and the season hasnt even started yet. At least, you guys are spared somewhat.

On the Tebow thing. Look, the Jets were already a lighting rod going into the season. They just added gasoline with Tebow. I just love the fact that the Jets brass seems to be "surprised" with all the media attention. As if...

On the Tebow thing. Look, the Jets were already a lighting rod going into the season. They just added gasoline with Tebow. I just love the fact that the Jets brass seems to be "surprised" with all the media attention. As if...

:up !!!!

1 - Just never got into pre-season football. Bunch of guys who will NOT be on the team in September fooling around in games that mean nothing.

2 - If I told you, it would not be a surprise.

3 - Yes. The Reds and the Pirates (largly on the haplessness of the Astros and Cubs) have by far the easiest schedules remaining, and the Reds are a better team than the Pirates).

4 - Nationals will. Orioles and Pirates will not.

5 - Not much.

6 - No. And not much. A bunch of sports no one understands, combined with non-sport judged competitions, an NBA all-star game, all wrapped up in pseudo-religious hokum. Who cares?

7 - Thankfully, Americans reserve soccer for what it is, a game for girl children.

10 - Yankees will need to turn it up a notch.

11 - Don't care.

12 - Eric Kucilias, who I like, is doing their night show (which is a graveyard deal, as most stations would have games most nights). I would want to see how many affiliates they get and who the talent is. In smaller markets, it may be a hit or miss deal between all of these networks.

13 - Jets did it to themselves.

I don't start paying much attention to football until the baseball season is over. I've always thought they should start the season after baseball ends. That way there would be something to watch in February.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts