Thread auto update feature

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
This feature is driving me crazy on busy threads. I'm reading posts in the middle of a multi-page thread, and all of a sudden I have a bunch of auto-updated posts at the bottom of my page which don't belong there. They belong a page or two later on! So when I finally get up to the last page, I'm reading the same posts over again. Is there any way to turn this feature off?

This feature is driving me crazy on busy threads. I'm reading posts in the middle of a multi-page thread, and all of a sudden I have a bunch of auto-updated posts at the bottom of my page which don't belong there. They belong a page or two later on! So when I finally get up to the last page, I'm reading the same posts over again. Is there any way to turn this feature off?
There must be because nothing ever auto updates for me here.If I want to update I have to hit the refresh button.
The only thing I get automatically is if I get a notification.
How to turn it off,no idea,but there must be something in the settings somewhere.

Reactions: TheKrell
Try clicking on What's New. After the list in new threads comes up click the drop down arrow at the top of the list. You can set the refresh interval there.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Try clicking on What's New. After the list in new threads comes up click the drop down arrow at the top of the list. You can set the refresh interval there.

I tried setting that to the max which is an hour. Let's see if that fixes it. Thanks.

The annoying thing I've noticed is that if you go off and leave a thread open on a browser tab for a thread you've commented to, and it auto-updates with a new post, it messes up notifications for that thread. Basically, you won't get any notifications for new posts from that thread even after you navigate away from that thread. I noticed that one after I went back to check on a thread that I'd commented in and found several new posts since I'd last visited the thread, but never received any notifications for. After you return to the thread, notifications will work again...as long as you close it before it auto-updates.

• Sad
I have set it for 1 hour, but that setting does not stick, it works for several logins then reverts to default time setting

I can verify that fact. :crying I don't mind getting some posts at the bottom of the last page, assuming they are in order. But getting them at the bottom of earlier pages is a PITA! That's so far out of order, you can't even figure out what some people are talking about.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I can verify that fact. :crying I don't mind getting some posts at the bottom of the last page, assuming they are in order. But getting them at the bottom of earlier pages is a PITA! That's so far out of order, you can't even figure out what some people are talking about.
A lot of folks don't use the reply button option too when they are replying to post.

• Sad
I never logout, so I've never seen that issue.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I never logout, so I've never seen that issue.

I don't either. I think you haven't seen this issue because you only look at one thread at a time, and read it quickly before anybody else answers. I regularly have 10-20 tabs open and there is little hope of me reading to the end of all those threads before somebody comes along and adds their post to the bottom of my page. :(

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)