Thread missing

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
I was doing a search in the Dish Network forum, looking for my thread called "HD feeds being added to Welcome Pack!" and it is completely missing. I am just wondering what happened to it, and why it was removed. Thank you.

I was doing a search in the Dish Network forum, looking for my thread called "HD feeds being added to Welcome Pack!" and it is completely missing. I am just wondering what happened to it, and why it was removed. Thank you.
Have you tried searching via the app?.. wierd things happen with the website

Have you tried searching via the app?.. wierd things happen with the website
I tried doing a search of Everywhere (not just thread titles, and not just the Dish forum) and I found another thread where I had provided a link to the "HD feeds being added to Welcome Pack!" thread.
However, when I click on the link in that post, I get this:
"Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Still no answer for this? Even if it was deleted by mistake, just own up and admit it. I am not getting a "Page Not Found" error though, but rather a "You do not have permission..." error. So, this leads me to believe that the missing thread still exists, but just got moved somewhere else that I do not have permission to access, such as The Pit. I hope it is not there, but I would still like to know where it actually is.

Still no answer for this? Even if it was deleted by mistake, just own up and admit it. I am not getting a "Page Not Found" error though, but rather a "You do not have permission..." error. So, this leads me to believe that the missing thread still exists, but just got moved somewhere else that I do not have permission to access, such as The Pit. I hope it is not there, but I would still like to know where it actually is.
I looked around in The Pit and don't see it.

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Did you ask Scott?
Not directly, but ChadT41 tagged Scott in a post in my other thread:
Scott has not replied to that thread, either.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Not directly, but ChadT41 tagged Scott in a post in my other thread:
Scott has not replied to that thread, either.
Have you tried to send a PM to Scott or KE4EST and ask them?

It's not that big of a deal. The missing thread was getting kind of old anyway. If I ever get official confirmation from Dish that Tennis Channel HD is supposed to be included in Welcome Pack, I will probably just start a new thread with the updated list of Welcome Pack HD channels. I was just curious what happened to the old thread, and whether any of my recent posts (or Chad's post) were the reason why that thread got locked.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think it was the dissing of Dish Support that caused him to hide it. Just my WAG.

I think it was the dissing of Dish Support that caused him to hide it. Just my WAG.
I'm not disagreeing, but hiding the entire five years' worth of posts??? When simply deleting a very few recent posts would have sufficed? (And would have prevented me from starting two new additional threads on the topic.) That seems like a vast over-reaction and a gross miscalculation on his part, unless he also ends up deleting my new threads, too. :p :banme

Reactions: TheKrell
The thread is back. :)

The issue is for some reason the system is flagging old messages for approval and they go into a cue to be approved. And the age shown is many years ago normally its a spammer just adding junk to it, so when staff sees the old date they normally decline it.

I don't know why the system is doing this.

There is a major update for Xenforo that I need to install, but I have been waiting as many add ons don't work with the update, and I have been waiting for them to update most of the add ons we use. A lot of them were updated this week so we are getting ready to press the update button. Hopefully it take care of this issue. :)

BTW we have been discussing it in the staff area...

Here is one we had recently... from 17 years ago. Lol.

ModerationQue2003.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)