Thread preview in email not working?

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I used to get the text of the thread in my notification emails, now it's blank. How do I fix that?

D881B253-AAC9-4957-AF0E-4DED4F99B6A3.png

Management disabled the feature back in July because too many users were replying to the notifications via e-mail. Search is your friend:

Well that's ridiculous. What's the point of email notifications if you have to log into the site to see what the topic is about?

:facepalm
To notify you that there has been an reply to the topic you are following. (and there may be other replies)

You wouldn't believe going through the mailer mailbox how many people were replying to the emails thinking they were replying to the thread. Then we even had people upset that they replied via email and no one was replying to them. There were a few thousand replies which never made it to the forum because people replied to the emails instead of posting them to the forum. We are a forum not a post office. :D

This change happened about 6 months ago.

The inconvenience comes when there are new thread notifications. I don't necessarily want to log into the forum for every new thread that is posted, I just want to get a glimpse of what it's about to see if I should reply or not. In my opinion, that's the point of the email notifications. If people are too stupid to realize that replying to the email doesn't equate to a reply to a post, then that's their problem. Just my opinion!

If people are too stupid to realize that replying to the email doesn't equate to a reply to a post, then that's their problem.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few... or the one.

I don't disagree with your opinion but I must admit to having begun composing more than a few replies via e-mail though I don't recall having actually sent one.

Lots of people sent them. I was shocked when I took a look after getting notice the mailbox was full.

But ultimately it brings people back to the site, and that is not a bad thing. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)