Three HD TV'S

kukblue1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
I'll be moving next month from a single story house to a two story house. I currently have three hd tv's. When I move I'll have an hdtv in the basement, one on the first floor and one on the second floor (bedroom). I currently have two vip722. I usually leave the one, that is hooked up to two hd tv's, in single mode as it's easy to change from single to dual mode as it's in the next room.
When I move it will become harder to change and sometimes when company is over I like to go upstairs to watch something else but when they are gone I usually change it back so I can watch the bedroom tv in hd. Anyway would dish allow me to have a vip722 and two vip 612 or does that break my 4 tuner limit. One vip722 would be in dual mode and run from the basement to the den with a regular tv. Then the other two hdtv's. Also will dish come out with something soon that will allow you to change from single mode to dual mode by using the remote instead of pushing a button on the box?

Last edited:
Well just chatted with someone from dish. My two year contract is up in feb but moving in Jan. I can trade in one of my vip 722 for a vip 612 and trade in my 510 (yes i own one) for another vip 612 and it would cost me $75. Does this seem like a fair price? $75 for moving and then only having a vip 722 and two 612. My 510 is being used by a friend upstairs. I only have 4 tv's. 3hd and 1sd. Also asked about the 922 and he said it would come out in March. I already have a hava player (aka sling) so I really don't need to wait for the 922 and I'm sure the cost will be more then $75.

You're definitely on the right track. $75 in hardware upgrade fees sounds fine. A 922 will probably hit the market at $800-1000 per unit, so don't even think about it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)