Three questions, if I may...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
Getting ready to get a new TV in the bedroom, and thinking of getting a third receiver for s-video/stereo sound rather than using the TV2 output from the 322 in the garage that I've been using. I can easily swap the cabling in the attic to connect the bedroom cable direct to the dish, leaving only one connection from dish to the 322 in the garage...which leads to a few questions:

1. Will the 322 operate OK for the single TV with only one satellite signal coming into it, rather than two? I know I could just climb up and disconnect one to find out, but I'm too lazy! :)

2. Which is a better single-tuner receiver...the 301 or 311? it looks like the only difference is that the 311 has built-in card...any other differences?

3. I am currently on the DHA with 811 and 322 on lease. If I purchase a new 301 or 311 from someone on ebay, is there any reason that Dish would not let me activate it on my account?

Thanks!

DWS44 said:
Getting ready to get a new TV in the bedroom, and thinking of getting a third receiver for s-video/stereo sound rather than using the TV2 output from the 322 in the garage that I've been using. I can easily swap the cabling in the attic to connect the bedroom cable direct to the dish, leaving only one connection from dish to the 322 in the garage...which leads to a few questions:

1. Will the 322 operate OK for the single TV with only one satellite signal coming into it, rather than two? I know I could just climb up and disconnect one to find out, but I'm too lazy! :)

2. Which is a better single-tuner receiver...the 301 or 311? it looks like the only difference is that the 311 has built-in card...any other differences?

3. I am currently on the DHA with 811 and 322 on lease. If I purchase a new 301 or 311 from someone on ebay, is there any reason that Dish would not let me activate it on my account?

Thanks!
1. Yes it will operate just fine with only one tuner.
2. the 311 is a variant of the 301/15 receiver. The 311 is a better choice right now as the software is far more stable.
3. No, I know people that have done this.

Wouldn't it be easier to move the 322 into the desired bedroom, use the s-video from output 1, then run TV 2 to your garage? Don't know how far away your garage is from the bedroom in question, considering the TV2 UHF remote range.

Hope this helps,
Jason

nippjas said:
Wouldn't it be easier to move the 322 into the desired bedroom, use the s-video from output 1, then run TV 2 to your garage? Don't know how far away your garage is from the bedroom in question, considering the TV2 UHF remote range.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Thanks for the info! Actually I tried having it installed that way when I originally had Dish installed, but when they tried running the second line there was all sorts of problems trying to fish the second line down the wall. That's why the 322 ended up going into the garage and using the one pre-installed line into the bedroom as TV2 output.

DWS44 said:
Thanks for the info! Actually I tried having it installed that way when I originally had Dish installed, but when they tried running the second line there was all sorts of problems trying to fish the second line down the wall. That's why the 322 ended up going into the garage and using the one pre-installed line into the bedroom as TV2 output.

you might want to check and make sure that cable to the bedroom is RG6 (its thicker than RG59 to the naked eye.. and it really should say on it.

I dont know what kind of problem they had but you may want to try to fish that extra line yourself. its not hard if you know waht you are doing and arnt afraid of insulation. All that said good luck.

I have a 522, 510, 510 activated through DHA, I had to buy my 811 (waste of money but alas the only HD receiver i could afford) and they didnt have any problem activating it. my only question is if they will charge me for it when i deactivate and dont send it back to them.

In terms of the last question you had I would strongly recommend getting the reciever number or smart card number and call dish net up. I have had to refuse many customers activating recievers with over 700$ balances thus unable to be activated. Not something that we like to think about but its happened more than I like to remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)