Three Years Ago Today...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keith Brannen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
Southwestern Ontario
... I took the plunge into FTA and setup my first dish (on then G10R - 123). I still can remember the great joy (and probably even greater relief) when I finally found my first signal (even if it was the wrong satellite)!

Of course, at the time I didn't realise the very, very, addictive nature of this so-called hobby. Looking back at my notes, in little more than a month I had three LNBs on the dish, and by the time two months had gone by I had 2 dishes and 5 LNBs! The rest of the sordid story can be seen by looking at my signature below.

Anyhow, to celebrate, I (finally) became a Supporting SatelliteGuys Member!

...Of course, at the time I didn't realise the very, very, addictive nature of this so-called hobby. Looking back at my notes, in little more than a month I had three LNBs on the dish, and by the time two months had gone by I had 2 dishes and 5 LNBs! The rest of the sordid story can be seen by looking at my signature below....

Anyhow, to celebrate, I (finally) became a Supporting SatelliteGuys Member!

It's a wonderful addiction, isn't it? We don't need no stinkin' group therapy, we go to SatelliteGuys to increase our addiction.

Welcome to the Pub, Keith, soon you'll have your 500th post to celebrate.

Thanks guys.

It's a wonderful addiction, isn't it? We don't need no stinkin' group therapy, we go to SatelliteGuys to increase our addiction.

Welcome to the Pub, Keith, soon you'll have your 500th post to celebrate.

500 posts! Didn't even realise I was close to that milestone. So I got only about 40200 plus to go to catch up to Iceberg! Let's see, 500 posts in 3 years is about 167 per year, 40200 divided by 167 equals about 241 years at that rate!

welcome to the club :)

yes this is an addiction....as I've noted before when I started with FTA (Dec 03) it was to save 8 bucks a month on my Bell ExpressVu bill because the radio stations were in the clear

I think I spent more than I saved ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts