Threw in the towel today

Vince2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Portland, OR
Now that the rains have come back to the Pacific NW, I can't see paying for VOOM when I can only receive it about once a week. I cancelled and will probably go with a cable HD package or Dish with a DVR. I'll be back when VOOM adds a West coast satellite or hell freezes over, whichever comes first. It was great while it lasted and I'll miss LaLiga on WorldsportHD, but I gave it the best shot. Good luck to the rest of you.

Vince2 said:
Now that the rains have come back to the Pacific NW, I can't see paying for VOOM when I can only receive it about once a week. I cancelled and will probably go with a cable HD package or Dish with a DVR. I'll be back when VOOM adds a West coast satellite or hell freezes over, whichever comes first. It was great while it lasted and I'll miss LaLiga on WorldsportHD, but I gave it the best shot. Good luck to the rest of you.

Good luck with the cancellation process....AND BE SURE TO WATCH YOUR CC for charges. I cancelled, got charged, had to cxl my CC cause they tried the following month to charge me too. I disputed the charge, Voom never even responded to the chargeback and I got my money returned but it took almost 2 months to resolve. :confused:

Madtown HD Junkie said:
....... I disputed the charge, Voom never even responded to the chargeback and I got my money returned but it took almost 2 months to resolve. :confused:

This is true. VOOM does not respond to chargebacks. However they do arbitrarily charge without authorization which is why I am now disconnecting. They will not agree to payment by check and insist on a credit card. This is far to dangerous considering all of the problems not only have I had, but also many others as expressed in this forum.

Ti-maniac said:
They will not agree to payment by check and insist on a credit card.

I've paid monthly by check since April, after the initial $300 credit ran out. I'm really not sure how this billing method happened, because they charged the installation to my credit card. Nobody from Voom has ever called to tell me that they need a credit card--the bill just comes through the mail, and I send them a check.

After reading about the CC hassles that a lot of people have had, I'd be reluctant to change my current billing too. If I ever get the same treatment as Ti-maniac, I'd think twice before I decided to hang on.

I had to cancel my CC too before cancel to insure no double billing. They have double billed two other time in the last 7-months and overcharged me for Va Va Voom 2-months ago. It's a horrendous practice. I now have Directv HD and am VERY happry. In fact, after watching the World Series in glorious HD last night, I then got to watch Jay Leno in HD. There IS a glorious afterVOOM life.

Vince2 said:

If you like the service so much then why don't you just get a larger dish? A 24" replacement dish is only $39 at starkelectronic.com. A 30" is $49. Compared to what we pay every month for the service, that is peanuts.
Steve

SteveC44312 said:
If you like the service so much then why don't you just get a larger dish? A 24" replacement dish is only $39 at starkelectronic.com. A 30" is $49. Compared to what we pay every month for the service, that is peanuts.
Steve

I guess I see your point but shouldn't the provider be able to deliver a method to get a workable signal to you? A customer should be able to have a viable working product with the equipment V* gives them. If a larger dish is needed, V* should realize this and accomodate the customer, not the customer having to incur more cost, out of pocket, to accomodate a V* shortfall.

It is like rain fade I used to get with V*. If my neighbor spit I lost my signal. It happened at least half the time it rained. It happened with D* once in 5 years in a blinding snowstorm and not once during a rain event. V* promised a larger dish I thought in Oct?

It would be nice if V* would pay for the upgrade but since neither D* nor E* would pay for it, I can certainly understand why V* would not(especially given the fact they are losing lots of money). I guess it all comes down to whether you want to stand on principle and essentially cut off your nose to spite your face to do it. Me, I'd rather just pay a few extra bucks(one time) and get the entertainment service provider that best fits my needs. V* probably set somewhat of a bad precedent when they paid to upgrade some of the customers OTA antennas.

I just called VOOM and told them I had bad rain fade (I'm in Ohio, where the sunshine is gray). They said call back the next day to see if I was approved. I called, I was approved, they are shipping the dish to my installer. No problem.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
I guess I see your point but shouldn't the provider be able to deliver a method to get a workable signal to you? A customer should be able to have a viable working product with the equipment V* gives them. If a larger dish is needed, V* should realize this and accomodate the customer, not the customer having to incur more cost, out of pocket, to accomodate a V* shortfall.

It is like rain fade I used to get with V*. If my neighbor spit I lost my signal. It happened at least half the time it rained. It happened with D* once in 5 years in a blinding snowstorm and not once during a rain event. V* promised a larger dish I thought in Oct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)