Voom Finally Installed Today in Eastern NC

ksload

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
Eastern NC
After a couple of missed installs by the original installer, I finally had my Voom installed today.

The installer (a contractor for Structure Wiring out of Wilmington) did an excellent job and was very accomodating.

The basic antenna allows me to receive ABC, CBS, NBC, PAX, and UPN. Can't pick up PBS, WB, and FOX is sporadic. Earlier today, I was receiving CBS and NBC feeds from both Raleigh-Durham NC and Greenville NC...but the Greenville feeds went away tonight. I am going to request an upgrade since not having PBS, WB and FOX will require me to keep either basic cable or DISH.

I find the picture quality a real mixed bag...especially when compared to DISH. Dish's Discovery HD theater is tons better than Vooms and some SD channels like MTV, VH1 Classic, etc are pretty poor.

I was disappointed to see that I received 2 old style remotes and 1 new...oh well. I guess, overall, I'm a little underwhelmed by the overall picture quality...but I'll see how that goes. I will definitely miss the Superstations package from DISH...I hope Voom will add this to their priority list...especially for those who can't receive WB and UPN OTA....I think it would be a great thing to add.

Forgot to mention...the installer told me that he is doing 10-15 installs for Voom each week in just his 80 mile service area....I think that's pretty encouraging.

What city are you in? In between Greenville and Raleigh sounds like you may be very close to my area (RM).

vurbano said:
old style remotes? the only difference is that one of the buttons has red paint on it.

And the words are blurrier and pixellate when you move it. :D

Itcsys...I'm in scenic Nashville, North Carolina....just a few miles down the road from you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)