Thumbs down on the "extra" Masters coverage.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

buckeye927

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
Marietta, Ohio, United States
I was expecting the extra coverage to be on all day, but instead it was only on starting at 4pm (concurrent with ESPN). The same content was available from about 11:30 am on the web via Masters.org. If Direct is gong to do this every year they should get a better deal that will allow all the content to be broadcast.

I was expecting the extra coverage to be on all day, but instead it was only on starting at 4pm (concurrent with ESPN). The same content was available from about 11:30 am on the web via Masters.org. If Direct is gong to do this every year they should get a better deal that will allow all the content to be broadcast.

Doesn't that contract belong to the Golf Channel ?

ESPN on Thursday Friday, CBS on the weekend for the Masters.

The point is Directv was promoting all this "extra" coverage and it didn't start until 4pm. Yet it was being streamed on the internet since 11:30am.

Probably has more to do with ESPN or CBS but Directv could have advertised that it didn't start until 4pm. They didn't.

Just to know because I did not watch; did the web have all the interactive stuff and HD stuff too? I think you are being a bit picky IMHO; simply because the EPG showed the start times. Its not like its a non-refundable sports sub; its free.

Blame Augusta National. They have very strict guidelines about what can be shown on TV. Directv just happened to be the one that they picked to show the extra coverage.

For a free addition to what's being offered elsewhere, I'm not going to complain. They could be charging a fee like the NCAA basketball package. The little bit I caught after I got home tonight looked very good! (the Amen Corner feed was already done)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)