Thursday - new install two 722s need help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zbender

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Colorado
my folks bought a new house, and the installer is coming this afternoon. please help me direct the installer on how to best install.

2 ViP 722s to be installed, one living room, one basement (but 4 TVs total)

problem:
the basement utility room has all home run COAX cables from every outlet into one location. each outlet only has one run back to closet except one outlet in basement (where one 722 will go), it has 2 runs back to closet.
closet is well designed and all runs are clearly labeled.
BUT, there is only one COAX run from closet to outside of home, this was previous owners input from the cable company. THIS HAS TO STAY AS A CABLE FEED FOR the CABLE MODEM.

DISH NETWORK switch ought to be in basement closet right?
?How to get two satellite feed runs from dish to basement closet? it is in center of basement with no outside wall access. i can't find a way to get two more feeds into this basement utility closet

maybe use one of the outlet feeds like an unused bedroom, and run through outside wall of bedroom for dish feed? but each bedroom only has one run back to closet

please help, seems like the impossible install

my folks bought a new house, and the installer is coming this afternoon. please help me direct the installer on how to best install.

2 ViP 722s to be installed, one living room, one basement (but 4 TVs total)

problem:
the basement utility room has all home run COAX cables from every outlet into one location. each outlet only has one run back to closet except one outlet in basement (where one 722 will go), it has 2 runs back to closet.
closet is well designed and all runs are clearly labeled.
BUT, there is only one COAX run from closet to outside of home, this was previous owners input from the cable company. THIS HAS TO STAY AS A CABLE FEED FOR the CABLE MODEM.

DISH NETWORK switch ought to be in basement closet right?
?How to get two satellite feed runs from dish to basement closet? it is in center of basement with no outside wall access. i can't find a way to get two more feeds into this basement utility closet

maybe use one of the outlet feeds like an unused bedroom, and run through outside wall of bedroom for dish feed? but each bedroom only has one run back to closet

please help, seems like the impossible install

I'd rather assume you installer will be experienced enough to know what to do without your/our help.

Oh man, those are the installs I don't really like. If it were me, I'd forget your pre-wire and simply run one new line to each location of the 722's and use the existing pre-wire to feed your TV2 signals. That's what lack of foresight or "cost-effectiveness" in home construction will get ya.

he showed up at 12:20 for a 12pm - 5pm appointment. i'm impressed! in the cable junction in basement closet one of the runs goes up to the attic (but only one, so can't use that). going to try and "fish" the two sat lines through a straight crawl space that goes to an outside wall, and already has a post-construction 220v line to the post-construction hot tub install. assuming the fish tape can make it across this will be a good solution. he just left for home depot to buy the fish tape. QUESTION: why did he show up in his personal vehicle w/o being in the DISH truck? no identification on clothes or on his chevy.... past installs have always been a dish truck, and usually (the last two times for me) they've brought in another DISH installer and truck to help out. I asked him if he could call in any extra help he said no

would love to stand back (actually prefer sitting, at my desk, back at my office) but the goofballs first idea was to put a pole in the front yard, using a bag of cement, and run the cable through the window. no joke, no exaggeration

I did not know it was possible to have 2 ViP722 receivers. I looked at the "builder" tool on their web site and when you add a second receiver it only allows you to choose one for HD. I'm moving into a house with 2 HDTVs and 5 other TVs. Finding a way to get the cables from the outside in may be an issue too. Did you get the two 722's setup then? Does it use a single dish outside with two cables running from the DISH into the home? Just to be clear, the setup allows for 4 individual things to be watched at one time? I'm also thinking about switching over to cable and getting 2 HD Tivos and a regular Tivo then buying a RF extender for the 'regular' box which will control all the TV's except the two HD TV's. The nice thing about this is regardless of who records something any TV can watch it (unless it's in HD then only the two HD boxes can watch it). Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

we got two 722s installed in January. Even got rebates for both of them. Not sure what the costs are now-- but we upgraded from two 508's and just told them we wanted two 722s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)