“THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL” GAMES OFFERED IN 4K ON FOX

Well after reading the posts about yesterdays NFL game it's quite a mixed bag.
Some say the picture was great and some say it was terrible.
Sound good for some bad for others. Pixelation, black screens dropouts.

Wonder if they will get it together next Thursday.

The person who posted about the Fox Sports APP and the great picture.
I'm guessing that it was just HD.
They never offer 4k via their APP. Is that correct?
And the APP currently does not do HDR? Correct?

Is this APP different from the Fox Sports Go APP that you have with Apple TV or Fire TV streaming boxes.

In reading the various posts sure sounds like Fox Sports and the NFL are acting as cheap and the can get.
This should have been done right from the get go with real 4k HDR cameras and master control all the way
thru to our TV sets. In 2019 it's not hard to produce a good live sporting event. Hell I'd be happy if they just buy a bunch
of 4k Iphones and have them at various angles. At $1,000 bucks a phone compared to $10,000 - $100,000 for each camera on the pro side.
They could have 20 - 30 different Iphones set up all over the f'ing stadium and feed them to master control via live streaming.
Just switch back and forth.

And it would all look better than 1080P Upconverted.

They are just being CHEAP.

On a side note I believe in the England every single Premiere League soccer match is now recorded in Real 4k 50P (over there it's 50P I think).
And possibly the same is true for German and Italian leagues for pro Euro soccer.
Certainly the Europe Champions League is now all 4k.

The BBC did a test the past year with 4K HDR for a big soccer match.
But they've spent the money to record in Real 4k AND LET Viewers see all these matches in 4k.

Why the F is the US so backward with these billion / trillion dollar networks and leagues.

I do not want to keep waiting for 5 or 10 more years to get everything in REAL 4k.

And I would actually like 8K HDR here NOW.
Apparently you need to live in Japan for this reality.

Our country should be leading the world in technology and it seems like we're just getting more and more behind.

bjf

Fox Sports App on Apple TV was in 4K not HD. Its different than the mobile app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox Sports App on Apple TV was in 4K not HD. Its different than the mobile app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you give a bit more info on the Fox Sports APP on Apple TV.

Is this the same as the Fox Sports Go APP?
That I've used and you use your tv provider as a login to then view content.

Is this a different APP that requires you to pay Fox and sign up with them.
Different content?

Would this Fox App work with FuboTV so you could use their DVR to record the 4k games.

Appreciate the followup.

Thanks, bjf

“THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL” GAMES OFFERED IN 4K ON FOX

Exciting news – for the first time DIRECTV will offer select “Thursday Night Football” games on FOX in 4K HDR1 this season.

We’re offering DIRECTV customers with 4K compatible equipment, 11 of the FOX “Thursday Night Football” games in 4K HDR. “Thursday Night Football” in 4K HDR on DIRECTV starts on Sept. 26 with the Philadelphia Eagles at Green Bay Packers and continues with select games throughout the regular season. Games include:

• (Week 5) Oct. 3: Los Angeles Rams at Seattle Seahawks
• (Week 6) Oct. 10: New York Giants at New England Patriot
• (Week 7) Oct. 17: Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos
• (Week 8) Oct. 24: Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings
• (Week 9) Oct. 31: San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinal
• (Week 10) Nov. 7: Los Angeles Chargers at Oakland Raiders
• (Week 11) Nov. 14: Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns
• (Week 12) Nov. 21: Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans
• (Week 14) Dec. 5: Dallas Cowboys at Chicago Bears
• (Week 15) Dec. 12: New York Jets at Baltimore Ravens

*4K HDR compatible equipment and eligible package required. If 4K TV does not support HDR, content will be viewable in standard 4K. Other conditions apply.

Reactions: dtv757
They did that last week as well. And according to another poster here who seems to be in a position to know, they are also upconverting all the FS1 college games as well.

this just reminds of how little 4k presence there is on cable/satellite. how long has it been since 4k was introduced? doesn't seem to be taking off

this just reminds of how little 4k presence there is on cable/satellite. how long has it been since 4k was introduced? doesn't seem to be taking off

It is taking off just fine, just not on Traditional Providers, but in their defense it is hard to carry programing if Broadcasters do not offer it

The past, present and future of 4K is online with Netflix, Amazon, Vudu, itunes and soon Disney+ and even some programming on Hulu is in 4K ( must have a Apple TV ).

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: longhorn23

Cable and say can’t deliver something that’s not there. They need the content providers to offer 4K channels that they can distribute. DIRECTV has a bunch of bandwidth available to carry 4K channels when they become available. BTW I don’t count those channels out there that nobody has heard of.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Its slowly picking up

Altice north (optimum)
Verizon fios
Xfinity

All offer 4k live events now

Still no cox or spectrum but its expanding slowly

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Fox couldn't worry about getting a 4k HDR signal out that everyone could use. They were busy making commercials and having their studio crews complain about the Dish dispute. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)