Stadium Sports

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Richfunb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I noticed 3 new sports channels listed in the guide: Stadium College Sports Atlantic (608), Stadium College Sports Central (608-1), and Stadium College Sports Pacific (608-2). I may have missed it but I don't recall any announcement from DirecTV regarding Stadium Sports. I've watched these channels on streaming platforms and they have some good programming. I especially would want to know if they will be free or a sports package with a fee. As of yet there is no programming available. Anyone have more info?

Nice finally.. I had to use an app like pluto or my Samsung tv app to view stadium college games .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: dtv757
The channel is divided into three feeds—Atlantic, Central, and Pacific—which air programming drawn from the Bally Sports regional sports networks in their respective region.

So, it sounds like Bally is the name of the channel and that Stadium may own the Bally channels.
I think Sinclair owns both the (Ballys) RSNs and Stadium

Last edited:
Reactions: NashGuy
OK, here goes.

Sinclair owns the former Fox Sports Net channels, now renamed Bally’s Sports.

Sinclair also owns the digital sub-channel Stadium, which is also available, for free, on services like Pluto or Stirr. IMHO, there is little content on Stadium, but it is, well, free.

The channels now labeled as “Stadium Sports Atlantic” and “Stadium Sports Pacific” are NEITHER Bally’s nor Stadium. They are mainly for cable. Because of cable’s very limited capacity, cable only carry the local RSN(s), while DirecTV can carry all of them. Meaning DirecTV customers can get the sports pack of out-of-market RSNs with the live sports, while those still with cable cannot. So Fox launched the Fox College Sports channels for cable as a sort of poor man’s sports pack, with games gleaned from the various RSNs.

All well and good. But VERY RARELY there is an original game on one of these channels. DirecTV carries a part-time version of FCS, when there are original games not found on any RSN.

All that has happened is that Sinclair has renamed this service from “Fox” to “Stadium”.

Access to it is via the sports pack, as always.

May be unrelated so my apologies but small markets like Norfolk have college games on stadium.

ODU football is often on stadium and ESPN (360/+)
Sometimes they show it on the main WTVZ(my network tv) but not always .

I've had a "Stadium channel" on my Mediacom cable for I think a couple years now. It is a subchannel of one of my locals. Never watched it, but when I go through the guide on football Saturdays I have seen some FCS type games listed on it.

Reactions: dtv757
I've had a "Stadium channel" on my Mediacom cable for I think a couple years now. It is a subchannel of one of my locals. Never watched it, but when I go through the guide on football Saturdays I have seen some FCS type games listed on it.
Yea sub channels like stadium, Heros &Icons and others are not on D*

Somehow dish has a national feed of H&I

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard Simmons
May be unrelated so my apologies but small markets like Norfolk have college games on stadium.

ODU football is often on stadium and ESPN (360/+)
Sometimes they show it on the main WTVZ(my network tv) but not always .

Is this a package like the old Raycom sports, where you'd get the oddball game every week, but nothing national ?

Not sure

I think years ago there was an ESPN game plan
I know there are random ESPN channels in 790 range

Not sure

I think years ago there was an ESPN game plan
I know there are random ESPN channels in 790 range

Right ... I think thats the GamePlan package, like you mentioned, wasn't sure if that was still around or not ... its ANOTHER package that cost more money than its usually worth.

Right ... I think thats the GamePlan package, like you mentioned, wasn't sure if that was still around or not ... its ANOTHER package that cost more money than its usually worth.
I think it's free with sports pack now.

I always get sports pack free for 6 months and get those channels lol

Is this a package like the old Raycom sports, where you'd get the oddball game every week, but nothing national ?
Stadium, the digital sub-channel, has contracts for national football content from:

- Conference USA (15 games)
- Mountain West (all games not covered by CBS or Fox, about 30)
- Patriot League
- Southern Conference

These games are shown nationally on all Stadium OTA sub-channels and on Pluto and similar.

The old Fox College, now Stadium College, channels carry, nationally, content produced by the Bally’s RSNs but not shown, generally because they have syndicated it locally. This includes content from Oklahoma, the Sun Belt, Conference USA, and the West Coast Conference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)