“THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL” GAMES OFFERED IN 4K ON FOX

Fox couldn't worry about getting a 4k HDR signal out that everyone could use. They were busy making commercials and having their studio crews complain about the Dish dispute. :cool:
The broadcast was amazing for me via DirecTV genie 2

I only use chromecast I dont use any of those other streaming things as I'm not a cord cutter and dont see a need for it .

And as I said above it was working fine via the TV provider (s). I dont see or get all the negative energy on the streaming devices .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The broadcast was amazing for me via DirecTV genie 2

I only use chromecast I dont use any of those other streaming things as I'm not a cord cutter and dont see a need for it .

And as I said above it was working fine via the TV provider (s). I dont see or get all the negative energy on the streaming devices .

I thought the games (NFL and the Notre Dame game on Sat) were very glitchy ....
Looked good, but the artifacts were bad.

Cable and say can’t deliver something that’s not there. They need the content providers to offer 4K channels that they can distribute. DIRECTV has a bunch of bandwidth available to carry 4K channels when they become available. BTW I don’t count those channels out there that nobody has heard of.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

exactamundo. all the players have to get together to make it work. i just wonder how long it will take, if ever, to gain as much traction as regular HD has. i think regular HD works very well for most people.

Just curious how the quality of tonights NFL game is.

Is the 1080P better than last week.

Any pixelation issues?

Audio issues?

HDR issues?

Is anyone getting HDR is so please post a detailed review.

The HD channels looks better tonight. The white uniforms aren't blown out as bad as last week.
It does look a bit dimmer on the contrast. Maybe if they used HDR and converted to SDR it causes lower
contrast and some darkening.

On the HD channel still get some artifacting on the slo-mo playback but better than last week.

There is also some blurring on the replays and slo-mo when it kicks in.

None of these things would be happening if this was being done with a "Real 4K" setup, cameras and studio equipment.

Thanks Fox for being so cheap.

bjf

Gotta correct myself.

I was watching the HD version of the game on a smaller tv but I went to look at my big tv and indeed like
last week the picture is nothing great.

Every time they show slop-mo and a group shot close up you
see loads of artifacting.

And the whites still basically have little to no detail in parts of the uniform.

Very curious if anyone is getting HDR and if so how does it look with the white uniforms and dark
uniforms / clothes of the sideline people.

Detail in both?

bjf

Gotta correct myself.

I was watching the HD version of the game on a smaller tv but I went to look at my big tv and indeed like
last week the picture is nothing great.

Every time they show slop-mo and a group shot close up you
see loads of artifacting.

And the whites still basically have little to no detail in parts of the uniform.

Very curious if anyone is getting HDR and if so how does it look with the white uniforms and dark
uniforms / clothes of the sideline people.

Detail in both?

bjf
Curious, what is your Big TV ?

owners and athletes.

Professional sports provides people with an escape from reality. It blinds them to the real issues of the world – issues like politics, taxes, and world events that actually do affect their lives directly and should matter to them. Professional sports have become an opiate to the masses, allowing large numbers of us to be more easily fleeced.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

65" LG OLED here - looked great to me. And yes, I have HDR during the games.

It might have looked a little better from the previous week, but it looked very good then as well after I tuned to 206 (ESPN) and then back to 105.

As for the game on the 3rd, the turf and closeups looked superb. Makes me wonder what 'native' 4k would look like - how much better could it be?

Reactions: longhorn23
Thanks for posting. Could you give more details on how good the HDR was.

How was the contrast of the Rams white uniforms and the the dark clothes of the people on the sidelines.

Were the white uniforms toned down a lot in overblown brightness.
Or were they still overblown whites with no detail.

Same in for the dark clothes and dark area any detail? Or just black.

For comparison the 4k HDR Olympics of figure skating with the extreme contrast on the HD channel there was
no detail in the dark area and highlights were blown.

The 4k HDR looked amazing.
Mabye the best TV picture I've seen.
On an OLED it was stunning. Detail in both.
Ice skating has to be one of the most extremes to record on video.

The Ice Hockey was equally amazing with the HDR and added 4k resolution you could see the puck amazingly well.

So I'm curious about the NFL game you saw and how it compares.

Thanks, bjf

Thanks for posting. Could you give more details on how good the HDR was.

How was the contrast of the Rams white uniforms and the the dark clothes of the people on the sidelines.

Were the white uniforms toned down a lot in overblown brightness.
Or were they still overblown whites with no detail.

Same in for the dark clothes and dark area any detail? Or just black.

For comparison the 4k HDR Olympics of figure skating with the extreme contrast on the HD channel there was
no detail in the dark area and highlights were blown.

The 4k HDR looked amazing.
Mabye the best TV picture I've seen.
On an OLED it was stunning. Detail in both.
Ice skating has to be one of the most extremes to record on video.

The Ice Hockey was equally amazing with the HDR and added 4k resolution you could see the puck amazingly well.

So I'm curious about the NFL game you saw and how it compares.

Thanks, bjf

None of the negatives you mention popped out at me when watching the game. Although I wasn't specifically looking for that stuff, I think I would have noticed but I didn't see any of that. Being a Pats fan, I'll certainly be watching Thursday's game. I'll take a closer look.

Reactions: Jimbo
I dont believe ESPN has offered any 4K via streaming . I believe only linear TV providers (DirecTV, Xfinity, Optimum )

Its possible they could do like Fox Sports but im not aware of any Streaming 4K via ESPN ...

I dont believe ESPN has offered any 4K via streaming . I believe only linear TV providers (DirecTV, Xfinity, Optimum )
No, ESPN has not done 4K yet, but the biggest advantage to watching on their apps is everything is in 1080P while 720P on traditional providers.
Its possible they could do like Fox Sports but im not aware of any Streaming 4K via ESPN ...
Fox Sports was not doing 4K either, everything was unconverted from 1080 to fake 4K, I have seen sports in real 4K, night and day difference from what Fox was doing.

Reactions: comp9
4k nfl exists...they use it for replay reviews on every game

First, that story is from 2015 and there was no 4K at all from broadcast channels at that time, second while they provided it for the refs, there was nothing for the broadcasts, from your link-

CBS actually used 4K UHD cameras in games last year to provide refs a higher resolution look at boundary line plays. While use of 4K to shoot and broadcast game action is lacking, it has garnered interest by other content owners and TV service providers.

That was 6 years ago, broadcasting 4K is still lacking.

First, that story is from 2015 and there was no 4K at all from broadcast channels at that time, second while they provided it for the refs, there was nothing for the broadcasts, from your link-

CBS actually used 4K UHD cameras in games last year to provide refs a higher resolution look at boundary line plays. While use of 4K to shoot and broadcast game action is lacking, it has garnered interest by other content owners and TV service providers.

That was 6 years ago, broadcasting 4K is still lacking.
I said it existed...more likely it wouldbe streamed than broadcasted...something for sunday ticket or espn3...

Most everything now is shot in 4K. The problem is distribution. The networks have the gear to shoot 4K. Do the providers have the infrastructure to broadcast it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)