Tigers on ESPN2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Hi there,
The 1st place Detroit Tigers (whens the last time you could say that ?) are finally getting a little recognition, tonight on ESPN2 in stunning HD, first time I have a chance to see them in HD !!!!

Guess what ?

It's blacked out on D*

Whatever happen to when you sell all the tickets they don't black out anymore ?

Disappointed,
Jimbo

You need to check your guide data gain. I don't see any mention of the broadcast being in HD on my HR10-250, but then I'm in the NY RSN area so I'm blacked out and have no way to verify.

Lets just say this - thanks to a rain delay we should be able to see the Tigers at 10pm! My estimate is top of the sixth with a 1-0 Yankee lead.

Never thought I'd have the Pistons on ESPN-HD and the Tigs on ESPN2-HD. Now if the Wings were just on OLN-HD I would need a 3 tuner HD receiver.

bidger` said:
You need to check your guide data gain. I don't see any mention of the broadcast being in HD on my HR10-250, but then I'm in the NY RSN area so I'm blacked out and have no way to verify.

Not blacked out over here, it is HD.

bidger` said:

My mistake, It is listed to be in HD on Thursday night, also probably blacked out

Jimbo

I did watch the game on FSN-D while the Pistons were in commercial breaks.

Amazingly, the Tigers game was NOT blacked out tonight and in HD, a first for me to see them in HD.

And they came back from an early deficet and won in the ninth ...:)

Q. Why was last nights game blacked out , but tonights was not ???

Same network, same teams, both were sell outs ?????

Jimbo

the rain delay cause the game to come on when the program guide had moved past the game? that's probably it...

BFG said:
the rain delay cause the game to come on when the program guide had moved past the game? that's probably it...

No it showed as being blacked out at the start of the game time last night as soon as 7pm came around ESPN went black, not even ESPNEWS

Tonight it was on all the way ....
I think both nights were a National broadcast,so who knows ......

Jimbo

masterdeals said:
I was at the game, a great one. was not a sell out, not sure why on blackout.

Thats alright, It's the NFL that goes by sell outs, I don't think baseball uses sell out as a way to define a blackout. The NFL has to be sold out 72 hours in advance, baseball has no such guidelines.

I was once told it has to do with who owns the rights to the game RSN's , local network, natiional , ESPN , Fox ect.) and no fan has the info as to understand that senario
No rhyme or reason, It uase to be IF you paid extra money for the FSN's you would get ALL the games in that package, then they decided they could make more money with the Extra Innings package, I don't watch all the baseball games,
just my teams.

Some day I might buy the EI but I doubt it.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)