Tigers, Yankees, Diamondbacks agree to blockbuster deal

I just dont like his numbers against lefties and i dont like giving up AJax.

I'll gladly give you AJax back if you give me Granderson back.
Curtis can be one of the most exciting players in baseball.

He was MUCH better before he decided to hit HR's, that was when his avg went to hell.

He should be a .320 hitter with 30 doubles and 15 triples a year guy.
However, that won't happen anymore because someone decided it was better to try and hit the ball out of the park every time up.

Thats just another reason I don't like baseball as much as I use to.

Damn owners caused that by making all these 250ft HR's in the parks.

Trust me, Yankee fans who don't have Ohio teams in their avatars are not worried about giving up Austin Jackson (which is what we call him in these parts). Jackson MAY turn out to be as good as Granderson...and he may not.

Sandra

Trust me, Yankee fans who don't have Ohio teams in their avatars are not worried about giving up Austin Jackson (which is what we call him in these parts). Jackson MAY turn out to be as good as Granderson...and he may not.

Sandra

Thats what I have been wondering, is he the next great thing or is he a cast off that the yanks don't want anymore.

Is he any good ?

yanks can give up any prospect they want, they just go out and buy the next big star that has a contract about to expire anyways.
business as usual for them.

Thats what I have been wondering, is he the next great thing or is he a cast off that the yanks don't want anymore.

Is he any good ?

Time will tell, he hasn't seen a major league curveball yet. Could be a star, could be a bust.

Since they traded for a CF, it makes sense that they traded their CF prospect. Doesn't make Jackson a bust, just makes him a tradeable chip.

The Yankees have flatly refused to trade their stud catching prospect, Jesus Montero, who should be ready in a year or two. They're hoping Montero is ready to step in just when Posada has to move to more of a DH role, but Montero is a higher ranked prospect by the Yankees.

Sometimes the Yankees play up their prospects for trade value, that could be the case with Jackson. Then again, Jackson could also turn out to be a superstar. As I said, time will tell.

yanks can give up any prospect they want, they just go out and buy the next big star that has a contract about to expire anyways.

And sometimes they DON'T give up prospects (Bernie Williams, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte, Jorge Posada, Joba Chamberlain, Robinson Cano), and it works out pretty good too...;)

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)