Tim McCarver’s Final Year at Fox? Contract Talks Are Ongoing. If Fox Moves on, Who Replaces McCarver

TMC1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php...ngoing-if-fox-moves-on-who-replaces-mccarver/

Tim McCarver, the longtime Fox baseball analyst, is one of the most divisive TV voices in sports. Fans either enjoy his witty banter with Joe Buck, or absolutely can’t stand him and wish Fox would replace him.
Fans who don’t like McCarver may soon get their wish. McCarver 71, is entering the final year of his contract at Fox Sports. He’s been calling the World Series with Buck on Fox since 1996 (except for 1997 and 1999, when NBC had it), and sources say the two sides haven’t made much progress about a contract extension. If a deal is struck, it’ll likely happen in the next few weeks.

[UPDATE: Fox Sports spokesman Dan Bell tells me: We fully expect Tim to continue with us.]

The decision Fox faces: Keep the duo together (Buck has said nothing but great things about McCarver), or go in a new direction. There’s the “if-it-isn’t-broke-don’t-fix-it” crowd who says they have chemistry … and everyone else who is ready for Buck to have a new partner (or two).

LET MCCARVER GO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
With any luck, Buck will follow.

It will be a scheduling nightmare, but I would love to see one weekly game throughout the league which is broadcasted by the teams on air personality and one or two great former players from the teams playing. I love watching my Mets' broadcast because of Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling and their baseball stories.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My choice. stump2.jpg

Listened to those two clowns the WS. Found myself longing for Rod Allen. And we all know how I feel about that idiot. McCarver is the worse. Buck just sucks.

Listened to those two clowns the WS. Found myself longing for Rod Allen. And we all know how I feel about that idiot. McCarver is the worse. Buck just sucks.

Too the Tiger fans here, we all think the same about the TV guys, could do without ...

What do you think of the Radio guys, Dickerson and Price. ?

I like them a lot better, would rather have them do the TV games if I had my choice.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Yeah I wish both would go also. Can't stand either one of them.

You know... the YOUNGER Tim McCarver of about 15 years ago was a MUCH better baseball guy than the OLDER Time McCarver of now.

Personally, there aren't TOO many play-by-play teams that make me wnat to listen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)