Time change related bug? 622

DannyR

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Atlanta, GA
My 622 receiver appears to have changed time correctly, but I've noticed many of my regular timers are no longer scheduled to fire. They appear in the timer list, but if you select them, you don't see any events listed under them and they no longer have a timer icon when viewed in the guide.

I noticed this first because tonight's Dresden Files in the guide didn't have the timer icon on it. Creating a new timer fixed it.

Thus far, other shows I have scheduled like Lost, Heroes, Jericho also show no events.

I'm hoping this is just a matter of the receiver "losing" the show because of the time shift, and it will automatically correct itself as it rescans the guide data -- as some of my timers did still appear to be scheduled correctly, like tonight's Battlestar Galactica. But if not, I can recreate my timers if necessary.

In the meanwhile, if you have any shows scheduled for today, you may want to doublecheck them to make certain they are recording properly.

I still had my shows listed on my 625 this morning, but they were an hour off in the daily schedule. It also had different shows marked to record on the EPG. I was able to fix it by doing a check switch to force a guide download.

Mine also look fine, but there are strange things in the info screens. For example, I have Trading Spaces scheduled to DVR at noon today (sun) - when I click info - the original air date is 3-31-07. Maybe it is simply data error with the guide. I know we were supposed to March forward, but did know we need to change our calendars too.

Everything looks good on mine. FYI - Heroes is not showing episodes right now. I think they come back in April.

I turned my reciever off as I went out for sunday brunch this morning. When I got back, the missing timers were now properly scheduled during the week. My guess it was just a matter of the guide being thrown off by the time change, and it taking a bit of processing to auto correct the problem for the updated guide.

You won't see any Heroes on your timer (if set to new episodes). They are not showing new shows until after March Madness in April.

i have a 625 and two 311's and all my computers and cell phones changed right on time as i figured they would.

Same Problem after time change

I only have timers on TV2 now showing in schedule and only ones that happen after 6pm but before 9pm. All TV1 Timers show no upcoming showings, even though I can plainly see them in the guide. Very peculiar, I hope that I don't have to go through and redo all of my timers, if my wife misses one of her Novelas I will never hear the end of it. :)

My 311 receiver's timers got set back one hour early. And because I use the Sirius stations and my stereo for my alarm clock, I was awoken an hour earlier. :D Oh well, guess I shouldn't rely on dish network to wake me up.:)

I had two timers disapear and did not record. One I reinserted (Lost) the other (Survivor) I'll Have to wait till it's in the guide again. Luckilly Both were available to watch on the internet. I have a 622.

I noticed this first because tonight's Dresden Files in the guide didn't have the timer icon on it. Creating a new timer fixed it.
That's funny, because my Dresden Files timer was ok, but the BSG one showed no events and I had to re-create it. The same thing happened with a couple of other timers as well. Also, I had a manual timer set for 2-6am, which resulted in a recording of only 2 minutes!

My timers seem fine but i've noticed that my daily update is now happening an hour LATER than the time i have it set for (9:30am instead of 8:30am).