Time Change

fbara said:
I have a 722. Doing a check switch fixed the 'select' button issue. My time is still wrong but the guide grid is correct (indicates the correct timeslot for the show I'm watching).

I spoke too soon, I'm still having problems with the Select button.

Several of the buttons on the remote didn't work right for a while. I punched several and the light blinked on remote and nothing happened. Then the 722k rebooted. Next guide was really weird double events for the same thing. Then I did a hard reboot and except for some timers show twice which I expect will get fixed at overnight reboot all is OK. Seems like there are minor problems every time change.

DISH Network is having an issue with the timer on the guides of the 722 receivers. Currently our Engineering department is trying to update the time as per day light saving and we hope to have the issue resolved shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I'm just glad my HD RSN timer started at the proper time...now I need to stay up to make sure it doesn't stop too early.

maryb@Dish Network said:
DISH Network is having an issue with the timer on the guides of the 722 receivers. Currently our Engineering department is trying to update the time as per day light saving and we hope to have the issue resolved shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.

My 922s guide looks right but At 9 CST all recordings stopped and none of my timers after 9 have worked.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I resolved the issue on both my 722K's. I did a check switch, then when the receivers restarted they downloaded the guide, problem fixed!
I did a switch ck too but it clear up after a while not instantly like you are saying. But was OK w/in half an hour. Don't know why the double timer stay for a while. Also it has already changed time during that half hour. Even though it isn't really time to do it. So figure everything is gonna be OK now.

I told my neighbor to do a check switch after he called me, and after reading this thread on his 722K (I have all 612's) and it did fix the problem as soon as the check switch was done, and the guide downloaded.

My guide is still messed up. Plus, the current time on the channel banner shows an hour behind the actual time. No way am I doing a check switch right now as I'm in the middle of a recording and I'll be staying up until the recording is over to make sure it doesn't get messed up.

I really don't get why after all these years, they still haven't worked out dealing with time changes right. Even paper tv guide and guide sections in newspapers now as well as before DVRs ignore time changes, making me wonder what happens to programming at that time, probably random depending on the channel, some in fall could have an extra infomercial or something, some might repeat programming, some might have programming an hour off schedule for some number of hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts