Time/date error

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 09-40-46 Vegas, the sports town .jpg

It's still doing it. At first the date and time appears but then it changes to what I showed but only, so far, on that one thread.

Did you notice that the time is usually off by some multiple of hours?

IIRC, if you're not logged in, the system assumes Eastern Time.
The issue is that no time and dates display. The place where they should be all say "later_today_at_x" like in the screenshot Radioguy41 posted. The problem is present on desktop and mobile, Chrome and Firefox, and doesn't go away with clearing cookies or the cache.

Screenshot 2021-12-04 at 19-35-04 SatelliteGuys Support Center.png

Did you notice that the time is usually off by some multiple of hours?

IIRC, if you're not logged in, the system assumes Eastern Time.
That would seem to make sense, Eastern is probably the Default, or what Scott has it set for seeing he lives in the Eastern TZ.
If you are Not logged in, the system doesn't know who you are or where your from.

The problem went away for me on Chrome and is now only there in Firefox. Perhaps it's related to how Firefox's built-in tracking protection automatically blocks several scripts and all the ads on this website if you aren't logged in.

Still doing it on the Vegas sports town thread this morning, and I am logged in. When it first loads, for just a split second, the date/time does appear but just that quick it's replaced with the indicated error.

Still doing it on the Vegas sports town thread this morning, and I am logged in. When it first loads, for just a split second, the date/time does appear but just that quick it's replaced with the indicated error.
I'm seeing this in that thread as well.

I'm guessing that there's a problem with a date associated with that thread that is causing an overflow or a negative number that can't be reconciled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)