Time for Charlie to resign!!!!!

yeah u make a great ceo, and u also would have the company making sh*t , come along locals, nat hd, nfl,mlb , will pay you anything you want..... i know charlie dont save us money on our bill but the company has too make a profit.

SHHHHH Nobody tell this guy that Directv's been doing this for years and has more subs than dish, is more profitable, and oh the bills actually are in line with dish's. Ouch that one must of hurt.

Serously that argument doesnt fly. Directv is the casepoint. Just dont buy it. Sorry Charlie :D

Because Charlie saving his customers money by being a cheapskate and pulling channels is working right??

Tell those 350k subs he's lost......

Because Charlie saving his customers money by being a cheapskate and pulling channels is working right??

Tell those 350k subs he's lost......

All those 350,000 people got on the intertubez and learned how to pirate, that's why.

You can't disprove it!

Like Charlie cares, what a bunch of Nerds on the Internet think

I am a Nerd too

Honestly I do think he cares, I just think hes surrounded by the wrong people and needs a fresh face from a consumer standpoint, someone like me :p

Honestly he needs a whole board of fresh faces.. Let us satelliteguys be in charge for a while. Charlie while your at it, can you leave me the company. :D I would love to do that for the rest of my life.. it definatly would be my passion.

Although I think Charlie has lost touch with running Dish Network (the market changed, his tactics have not), you have to admit the man knows how to pinch-a-penny and is a tremendous numbers guy. IMO, he is much better at running the financials than he is at conducting operations. Additionally, I feel that Mr. Ergen used to be a visionary but, as I previously pointed out, he is trying to take Dish Network into 2010 while still using an outdated turn-of-the-century gameplan.

The problem with Dish Network is they have morphed into the new "Circuit City" and CEO Charlie Schoonover is making mistake, after mistake, after mistake trying to play catch-up with DirecTV. The analogy as I currently see it:

DirecTV = Best Buy
Dish Network = Circuit City
VOOM = Tweeter's
FiOS & U-Verse = NewEgg & TigerDirect

There is still time for Dish Network to right their ship, but they had better do it quickely because I am expending they will announce their 4th consecutive quarter of subscriber losses....100-120K by my estimate.

i will change provider before long i believed charlie would change and add more hd channel, i don't believe nothing he say.time to move on.

I'm so sick and tired of these motherf***ing threads

If you people don't like Charlie, TAKE YOUR MONEY ELESEWHERE. That's the best way to communicate your message of discontent. Dish Network is his company - if he wants to run it into the ground, then let him.

Some of us are locked into a contract ;)

It's easy to say TAKE YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE and I'm actually out of contract but times are tight right now. To switch I'd need to spend about $450 out of pocket to get a setup similar that I have with Dish now. And then once the promo period is over my bill would be about $34 a month more than I currently pay Dish. I may switch yet because I have become very disappointed with Dish and the channels they've dropped and also refused to add. But, cost right now is a concern. I've already had to take a 12K cut in salary due to the economy and things are still shaky at work.

the first thing charlie needs too do is - no more chats, this should been done 10yrs ago, (thats when i work there) no other company does it, it past its time it was great idea when the company was new,,, stop giving info out there until you are ready- thats what a press release is for.

i will change provider before long i believed charlie would change and add more hd channel, i don't believe nothing he say.time to move on.
That would certainly be a valid choice. I used to enjoy our Dish Network service and loved our 622s, but E* started going down the crapper 2-years ago while FiOS and U-Verse are eating their lunch when it comes to providing quality and value.

What is astounding is how Dish handles things. How hard would it be for somebody at Dish to contact Scott and just say "Hey, we are having some difficulties. Will get them up ASAP. We have not forgotten and this is not an April Fools joke" The bottom line: This is how Dish operates. It is about time we except it or move on. They do NOT value their customers. PERIOD!! I could go on about billing, the FoxNews/TurboHD fiasco, the "free" HBO/Starz promo ect.. That is how they operate.
Charlie, This is why Dish looses customers every quarter.

Im not sure I could have said it better. Consistently this company lets down their customers with no explanation. All businesses let down their customers, but most have the balls to admit they screwed up and make it right with their customers. And if they can't make it right, they usually at least have enough pride in their product or decision making rationale to explain to their customers why something happened. And the above poster is exactly right...it is not that hard to get information to your customers...yet it never happens with this company. Strike that, they did provide me with plenty of information when they raised prices in February.

the first thing charlie needs too do is - no more chats, this should been done 10yrs ago, (thats when i work there) no other company does it, it past its time it was great idea when the company was new,,, stop giving info out there until you are ready- thats what a press release is for.

Bingo.... I dont get upset about lack of certain channels that I want (local HDs, ESPNU-hd and the April fools day channels), but when you start throwing dates around: Local HD in March 09 (didnt happen) and the HD list for April 1st (hasnt happened as of 10:23), I do get ticked off....

If you arent 100% certain you can deliver, then dont say anything. What ever happened to UNDERPROMISE AND OVERDELIVER!!!!

Bingo.... I dont get upset about lack of certain channels that I want (local HDs, ESPNU-hd and the April fools day channels), but when you start throwing dates around: Local HD in March 09 (didnt happen) and the HD list for April 1st (hasnt happened as of 10:23), I do get ticked off....

If you arent 100% certain you can deliver, then dont say anything. What ever happened to UNDERPROMISE AND OVERDELIVER!!!!

You're going to have to choose between having some info and maybe be disappointed or no info at all. I'll take the some info even if I get disppointed over no info at all. The problem with your locals and everyone else's that are to go on transponder 5 is that they cannot be uplinked until E* solves the T5 tech problem whatever it is. It must be a serious problem as it's been ongoing for weeks with no apparent resolution. You'll know it's been solved when they move the Indy HD locals off of the old 129W T5 Conus beam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)