Time for Charlie to resign!!!!!

Dish is bleeding with massive customer exodus

It is estimated that Dish has lost about 75K subscribers in march and the loss appeared to be accelerating during economy downturn. Wonder how long they can stay in business when they have terrible relation with cotent providers, customers, and government.

The sucker Charlie should be fired!

It is estimated that Dish has lost about 75K subscribers in march and the loss appeared to be accelerating during economy downturn. Wonder how long they can stay in business when they have terrible relation with cotent providers, customers, and government.

The sucker Charlie should be fired!

How did you arrive at your 75K churn rate for March?

As majority shareholder in the company, Charlie is not going to be "fired."

However, the subscriber losses of Dish Network compared to DirecTV / major cable companies / FIOS have to be a concern. Alienating customers with promised channel additions that never happen, huge price increases during the height of the recession, etc. can't be helping matters.

While I'm not saying Dish is "on it's death bed" or anything ridiculous like that, things need to start turning around significantly in the near future or the long term viability of Dish Network will have to be brought into question. And one quarter of profits while enduring these subscriber losses does not mean the problems are fixed.

How did you arrive at your 75K churn rate for March?
That's what I would like to know. From what I've read, I would place the 1st Quarter loss (Jan-Mar) between 70-110k...but this is merely a guess. I am critical of Dish Network because they used to provide a terrific value and outstanding HD lineup...however, I would like to see them improve their service like the Dish Network of old: get of of confusing metal packages, get rid of the HD fees, improve HD picture quality, stop yanking channels in order to "save us money" that we never see, stop stealing intellectual property (Tivo), stop illegally terminating your business agreements (VOOM), do away with all the goofy fees, etc. While anyone is certainly free to voice their opinion, bashing Dish Network just for the heck of it doesn't serve much purpose.

Their choice. Are you not doing the same?
I certainly don't mind reading the occasion trash session since many complaints are valid in some form or fashion. However, I personally draw the line at trolling...incessant whining with no purpose other than to incite a reaction from others. To be honest, I feel the OP has valid gripes about his Dish Network service (Charlie just keeps giving everyone ammo to take fire), but he probably won't win much support by attacking. Personally, I find it much better to frame criticism in a constructive light.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts