Time for HELP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

docj2005

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
st louis park mn
ok i went and joined the ranks of the rest of the world..
i now have the following

a visionplus sat tuner
80 cm FortecStar dish
and a sm3d12 motor..

zip is 55426

trying to get anything see a little hard //
oh ya forgot the lnb
fortec star fsku-v lnb

i got as high as 70 on the but no quality ..

i should know what i am doing but i seem to be stuck... thanks DOCJ2005

Doc.
I would take the motor out of the scenario and try to bag a few satellites before having to deal with the motor (maybe you done this).

Make sure you have the L.O. set to

09750-10600 for the Universal LNBF

Enter a live channel/TP and watch for quality, you are looking for I-A6 as thats our true south satellite in this area.

Good luck.

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/HH-mount-installation.htm

how the heck does that fit into useing my motor.... the software i use asks for steps to move east or west..
i am trying to figure out how many steps it take per 1 degree....

ex moveing the motor from i6 to amc 3

You want to go from IA-6 to AMC-3 (total of 6 deg.)

Start at IA-6...enter the coordinates of a LIVE TP/Channel on AMC-3 and start nudging/clicking east count how many clicks it takes until you get to AMC-3 then divide it by six and you have the number of clicks for one degree!

I do not think the clicks are very accurate but it will give you an idea, use signal quality strength for your exact position, good luck Doc.

Doc, I had the same question when i started, but with practice you will be able to read the quality meter and locate each sat as you pass by. (provided you are on the arc) I stopped worrying about it and focused on looking for a marker transponder, one i know is live and then just moving the dish until i get a hit and thw quality meter begins to jump. I am using a Satwork 3688, and discovered i can watch the signal level go up and down and get a pretty accurate indicator of when i am moving on and off a sat, even when i do not know an active transponder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts