Time limit to install new Dish service?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rolodoc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
I ordered new customer Dish service in end of January under the previous HD DVR advantage deal. My installation is scheduled tomorrow but there is a severe storm in the SF Bay Area so I want to reschedule. Is it better to have the installer come when it is not raining with strong winds and is there a time limit to have the installation completed to keep the previous new customer deal? (it will be over a month if I reschedule)

I ordered new customer Dish service in end of January under the previous HD DVR advantage deal. My installation is scheduled tomorrow but there is a severe storm in the SF Bay Area so I want to reschedule. Is it better to have the installer come when it is not raining with strong winds and is there a time limit to have the installation completed to keep the previous new customer deal? (it will be over a month if I reschedule)

As far as I'm aware there is no time limit. You should get the package as it was sold to you (aside from programming price ) as long as you keep attempting to get an install done. There may be a time limit that I'm not aware of but I don't think you'd hit it at one month. Heck I'm pretty sure that the installer will probably not want to install with the weather conditions that you're describing.

Actually dish does set a time limit to install under the former promotion and I am not positive but I believe it was 30 days after the former promotion ended, but of course they can grant an exception. The only issue is after you create an account you only have 30 days to install it. You should check on it and make sure as once the date has passed for the old promotion it does complicate matters so it might be worth calling in and checking on before the 30 day window has passed.

I ordered through Dishstore and I remember Claude saying within 30 days for some reason. Dish Network CSR says no limit. So I'm not sure. I'm just worried about installation during a storm may affect the quality of the outdoor portion of the installation.

I just got back in from work. That was a horrible storm! What an unpleasant day. And, although it's probably too late now, the storms can affect the install somewhat, but not significantly. We still seal everything, and do all the normal work, but sometimes water can get into the connections, which eventually dries out. The main downside is the tech is more likely to be in a hurry due to the storm, and you might possibly end up with water and or mud tracked in, even if the tech is careful and wears boot covers. If you didn't end up rescheduling, how did it go?

Yea, you have 30 days to install it so you can get under the old promo.

However if its a direct sale either through the DISHSTORE or through DISH Network directly then we can make exceptions to that rule if its the installers messing up and rescheduling on their end!

My advice is have the installer come out and make the determination they cannot do the Job, and let them put the notes on the account reflecting this. If you reschedule it yourself, then it doesn't look good if I make the argument that your susposed to get in under the old promo.

The installation is still scheduled tomorrow Sunday afternoon. I'll just let the installer come as everyone advised and see what happens. I don't want to lose the old HD promo, since it is a much better deal than the current promo!

No. You'll be fine. No time limit. I want to be the first to thank for being considerate of the people like me who are usually out in most kinds of weather serving Dish customers.

I'm in the same boat and keeping my fingers crossed.

My install was scheduled for the last week in January (in suburban Chicago) and when the installer came, discovered that my dish had to be moved to access the 129 signal - either a roof mount (not my preference) or a pole mount. It was late when the installer came - so I canceled and DISH told me I can reschedule for mid March when the ground is thawed out for the pole mount. We've had a rough winter this year and I'd rather wait than have an installer try to deal with 10-12 inches of snow and frozen ground.

So I am waiting until late March for my install - more like 60 days! They already charged me for the 722 so I figure I can make the case that I already paid for it- I just can't get it installed until the weather cooperates.

Ray Smith
Batavia. IL

I'm in the same boat and keeping my fingers crossed.

My install was scheduled for the last week in January (in suburban Chicago) and when the installer came, discovered that my dish had to be moved to access the 129 signal - either a roof mount (not my preference) or a pole mount. It was late when the installer came - so I canceled and DISH told me I can reschedule for mid March when the ground is thawed out for the pole mount. We've had a rough winter this year and I'd rather wait than have an installer try to deal with 10-12 inches of snow and frozen ground.

So I am waiting until late March for my install - more like 60 days! They already charged me for the 722 so I figure I can make the case that I already paid for it- I just can't get it installed until the weather cooperates.

Ray Smith
Batavia. IL
I have ofeten wondered how techs and customers for that matter deal with the elements in the northern latitudes. I wopuld imagine that there are certain times that installs and such cannot be completed due to weather...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)