Time shifting then live... what to think?

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
So you paused the DVR and went to the bathroom, made dinner, or took a call. Then you go back to watching the show, joyously skipping comercials along the way when suddenly the screen shows [LIVE].

What runs through your mind at that moment?

My son's and I always have the same thing come to mind. We look up towards the sky, fists clenched, and doing our best to channel William Shantner as he yelled out Kahn's name as we say: Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

It's like, dang it.

How about you?

No live TV allowed in the house except Mets, Knicks, ESPN News, or local news special report.

I always have something on the DVR to watch.

DVR definitely does change the way you watch TV... Unfortunately not everyone at work understands... They love to come up and say "Hey, did you see [insert MAJOR spoiler here] on TV last night"... I just walk away, shaking my head :)

when suddenly the screen shows [LIVE].
For the past several updates it seems like the 622 jumps forward several seconds when the playback is near real time.

If there's a spot you really want to see, letting real time go further along and then jumping back should help. Then you can keep doing this until it jumps while in a commercial - unless you like the commercials more. :)

I have the same problem with reading the tickler on the bottom of CNN Headline News.

It's funny how main stream it has become. I was at my 10 year old sons football game last saturday. Every time the announcer went to give an update on the Michigan score he would say if you have DVR cover your ears. :)

ATT DISH HD Questions...

Upgrade Info Needed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)