Time Signal From G10R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cold Winter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
Since I spend most of my time on G10R, I'll focus this on that satellite. Whne I set my VS2000 o that satellite, I see that the time signal seems either a couple of minutes off, or a good deal more than that. Also, I notice the onscreen channel display also displays what appears to be local to the station times.

Any idea if this lack of precision is just the VS2000, or is it a problem with the satellite?

... or is it the dufus running the VS2000:devil:

I’ve had the time be off by a minute or so on G10 with the Coolsat but never the “local” time (as an example if its noon Central and I am on KQUP, which is Pacific, the clock still says 12:00 not 10:00

Maybe that’s a quirk of the Viewsat. My Pansat keeps the right time but it doesn’t rely on the satellite to keep time

Some do

-Pansat 6000 keeps perfect time. Mine has kept perfect time for 2 weeks now
-Coolsat 5000 is odd. Even in manual mode it grabs it from the satellite. I make sure to park it on a DBS satellite (Nimiq1) when not using it. The time will fix itself
-Captiveworks keeps good time
-Neosat does lose time on occasion
-Pansat 1500 sucks when it comes to time…loses time all the time
-Viacast 2000 I have no issue with the clock…..oh wait there isn’t one :D

As mentioned in the review the Fortec Classic NA also keeps good time :)

Iceberg said:
I’ve had the time be off by a minute or so on G10 with the Coolsat but never the “local” time (as an example if its noon Central and I am on KQUP, which is Pacific, the clock still says 12:00 not 10:00
Maybe that’s a quirk of the Viewsat. My Pansat keeps the right time but it doesn’t rely on the satellite to keep time

Let me clarify.

If you keep the clock on manual set it keeps time accurately. If you put it on auto set and pointed at G10R, it can be a couple of minutes off... or more. This is the LED display on the front of the STB.

Now when your changing channels on a VS2000 theres a screen menu that shows the station ( KQUP for eg ) and freq/etc... type info and it seems to tell you what the local time of that station is. Not a bad feature. Just seems innaccurate in some cases.

My "beef" is with the accuracy of the auto set time... which I assume has to do with the satellite. From your responses, I guess this is more than just my own problem.

No all “auto satellite time set” seem to be off unless you are aimed at a DBS slot. That is what I’ve noticed. Its not you

I use to have the Coolsat set to auto and on G10 it did lose time. It still goofs up even on manual.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts