Time to buy/build new PC NOW!

True if you do enough installs to make a slipstream version up. The problem I have with XP is that you seem to have to have the exact version/service pack to use the license key.
Honestly, I use a leaked corporate XP Pro key to install (32 or 64 bit). Haven't used Home edition.
After install I use keyfinder to change the license key to the legit one...:rolleyes: Service Pack is irrelevant (unless using a key that got blacklisted).

After updating last spring (AHCI, half a dozen new network drivers, etc.) I haven't changed the boot CD. Used it a dozen times or so.

nLite does a very good job. The first time it takes a while. Every other update takes less time than burning the final CD.

Navy

This is a site that I use that is totally dedicated to building computers. Some of these guys take their builds to extremes and they give good reviews on components. A few of them review hardware that isn't released yet and give good feedback on whether to upgrade or wait. [H]ard|Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Check it out

Any good place that reviews mobos?
Take a look at TomsHardware.com. Pay close attention to the A/V encoding benchmarks.

Consider also the nature of the software that you're using and whether or not it supports multiple cores. I recently chose a dual core over a triple or quad core as the software I'm using doesn't support multiple cores.

I didn't see anyone choose a motherboard so I will say that I have never had any problems with the many comptuers I have built with Gigabyte motherobards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)