Time to draw a line in the sand with Ergen

Maybe their sales pitch is better than BHN. :D

You got to hand it to D*. Most, not all, but most of their commericals are very good.

I do like Frank Caliendo but Dish really needs to use his talent to the maximum and not waste it.

There's this thing called competition.

i find it funny how americans so much love the concept of every company beating the crap out of each other until there's only 1 monopoly left.

If you don't like what dish is doing, go to another provider.

Well, I have thought about this issue for quite awhile now and finally decided that it was time to draw my own line in the sand. My line is over one channel and no, it is not SciFi, although I do watch it quite often. My one great passion is auto racing and with Charlie and Rupert seeing who can pi** higher, I have decided to take Charlie's advice. D* has the channel I want, E* doesn't, and who knows when they will have it, if ever. FX and the extra HD movie channles are just icing on the cake. My line was drawn today and my D* install is Saturday.

Well, I have thought about this issue for quite awhile now and finally decided that it was time to draw my own line in the sand. My line is over one channel and no, it is not SciFi, although I do watch it quite often. My one great passion is auto racing and with Charlie and Rupert seeing who can pi** higher, I have decided to take Charlie's advice. D* has the channel I want, E* doesn't, and who knows when they will have it, if ever. FX and the extra HD movie channles are just icing on the cake. My line was drawn today and my D* install is Saturday.
I think ABC Family HD is coming Tomorrow as well . Just something else for you to look foward too!

As an ex dish employee, I would agree a union would be good. Why? well you would not have a revolving door of csrs. WE have all quit due to lack of raises. Supervisors have quit or the same reason. The only people who have it made there are the managers. Not even the supervisors .. I met some sups that were making 15 dllrs an hr.. wow...

as an executive i was making 11.. lol

A union would voice employee concerns and yield better csrs since you dont have to train new ones over and over... Imagine how much money these guys spend on training..

Their way of thinking is pointless.

I do appreciate the experience I gained. Landed me a csr job at a different company with better pay.

As an ex dish employee, I would agree a union would be good. Why? well you would not have a revolving door of csrs. WE have all quit due to lack of raises. Supervisors have quit or the same reason. The only people who have it made there are the managers. Not even the supervisors .. I met some sups that were making 15 dllrs an hr.. wow...

as an executive i was making 11.. lol

A union would voice employee concerns and yield better csrs since you dont have to train new ones over and over... Imagine how much money these guys spend on training..

Their way of thinking is pointless.

I do appreciate the experience I gained. Landed me a csr job at a different company with better pay.

You make some good points that I myself have made about employee retention in general and fair compensation at a lot of companies and can only conclude that a lot of times customer service is just seen as a necessary evil overhead expense, especially if a company is totally profit motivated and doesn't care too much about the future impact of retaining customers.

But I thought the OP was about viewers forming a union? :D

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lemme tell ya a little off topic story about my experience in retention issues at a former employer. At one time I worked as a CSR for a major dept store chain with several divisions and then transfered to their in house collections dept.

Briefly, it would take about anyone a good 3 months to gain a good grasp just on learning their systems & procedures and a ton of people went through a revolving door during training feeling overwhelmed. For entry level the pay was so-so but the max for non-supervisors was just $12 (10 years ago now) but some with seniority got an optional small annual bonus.

Some there have argued that their system was basically set up to treat employees as little children and coupled with low pay for seasoned reps many would move on ASAP when better opportunities arose.

I worked there for a number of years, and in time in addition to my collections duties worked OT in credit granting and customer service. Just about everybody liked me, knew I was a hard worker, and felt I made the workplace fun. In fact many people in my dept stayed a number of years until my departure telling me that I made the job tolerable. Because of my cross training I could fix about any credit situation without transferring the call or needing a supervisor except to occasionally signoff when my limits would be exceeded.

But I was stuck in low-pay hell. Making like $8 and never quite getting fair consideration for that $12 top tier. Why? It wasn't because I wasn't good enough. One time it was to give it to someone whom had only been there like 6 months because she was bilingual so she'd stay. And I said fine. Of course she got married and quit within a year and I had been there over 5 years by then. Then they did the same thing again with a woman whom had been there just 3 months. Same result. :)

Then they decided to hire someone off the street because they had years & years of collecting experience. Again I said fine. It's for the good of the company. As it turned out he was a PITA and probably would have been let go for numerous interpersonal conflicts had he not been so good at collecting, so I guess management wasn't totally wrong there.

In time a job came available down the street starting at $12 that was much slower paced and I gave my 2 weeks notice and took it. On my very last day at the old job I was offered a $.25 raise to stay. Wow. Big deal! And that was going to be applied against my future merit raises? :eek:

I said no thanks.

Three months later I get a call from my old manager wanting me to come back for that $.25 raise which by then would have brought me to about $9. It seems they were getting desperate as a number of people were quitting all of a sudden. So lemme see. Leave a comfortable $12 job to take a $3 pay cut and work my tail off? No thanks. Then I discovered the REAL reason I didn't get promoted. It seems I was so valued by working all that OT that they didn't want to pay me at $12 and then time & a half for the OT. Here I was working my tail off to make ends meet and I was shooting myself in the foot the whole time? :rolleyes:

That manager retired 3 months later. :D

If Chuckles and Jingles "know" what's going on here (which I seriously doubt) they obviously don't give a darn about how we feel, or they would make some kind of statement to us as to the lack of any new HD. I am sure there is more going on behind the scenes that will sooner or later come out. Until then we have to put up with the drivel.

BTW, like all huge corporations they are built on getting employees who will work the most for the least money. Getting a union is not going to solve anything except getting a lot of people fired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)