Time to draw a line in the sand with Ergen

But it probably also knows that for every one pissed off Satellite Guy, there are 10 or 100 subs who never say a word, and are generally happy, when compared with Dish's offerings vis a vis cable.

More likely Dish realizes that for every sub complaining there are 10 to 100 subs out there that have the same complaint and aren't calling, emailing, or posting here. (Maybe they're just leaving.)

If your going to draw a line in the sand I say make it May 1st.

LOTS of stuff coming in April.

If they don't have what you like then make your move.

But other then Speed HD I think lots of folks are going to be very happy this month. :)

Yeah I heard some stuff as well which if its true folks we be happy and I would be one of them.. :)

Maybe ERGEN should pull his head out of the sand instead. When the heck will he add more national 3D superhighdefinition holographic transducing hallucinogenic channels?! My union and I are switching to D* if he doesn't.

Maybe ERGEN should pull his head out of the sand instead. When the heck will he add more national 3D superhighdefinition holographic transducing hallucinogenic channels?! My union and I are switching to D* if he doesn't.

;)

But it is easy to understand Dish HD customers becoming skeptical and losing patience.

Yeah, even I've been getting irritated, and I am always on the "Quit yer bitchin'" patrol.

I was kind of hoping he had something big up his sleeve, but you'd think it would have coincided with the new HD packages.

I checked out Direct- would only save me a buck or two a month, and I'd lose a few channels I watch pretty often. 90% of the HD channels Direct has over DISH I don't watch. So, I'll stick with DISH and stew over all this inactivity. I think those of us that have been with DISH for a long time have been spoiled...we remember the days when you got a new channel every month.

If he can really deliver on IFC-HD, all will be forgiven...

I say we "draw a line in the sand" with Ergen by firing off e-mails to ceo@echostar.com reminding them of Ergen's promise on the previous Charlie Chat and informing them that if he doesn't deliver some more HD nationals then at 10:00 PM EST on June 9th when the Charlie Chat is scheduled to end, we will be calling D* to get switched over, even if it means eating the contract and we will NOT at that time accept any reasons or excuses for Ergen's inability to deliver more HD nationals.

Like I said before, in the event that we don't get the much-rumored HD nationals this month, this still gives Ergen some time.

Ergen needs to get it done or get out of the way.

You going to give me the money to break my contract?

Lame topic. :down

Locals are the big priority right now. Team Summit is coming up and the Dish executives want to avoid the room full of angry Dish retailers at all costs. Locals in HD are the sell, not individual HD channels. Every market that they can squeeze on to a spot beam somewhere will go up before Team Summit if Dish can do it.

When a new client goes to a retailer they probably have no idea what is available in HD besides the local channels. Only once they get the service installed and do research do they find out what they are missing...

Too many Drama Queens around here.

Yep, I definitely had my tiara (spelling) on real snug and my panties in a huge knot.

I was way way way over the top.

And I also used to be one of those who wanted to tell the drama queens they knew where the door was.

But what I've learned is that we all have our different breaking-points.

The reality is that I've haven't "drawn a line in the sand" with Ergen but I've drawn a line in the sand with myself.

I really like my HD DVR and really like Dish Network on the whole better than Directv.

But I've just reached a point that if Charlie can't/won't/doesn't get it done, then I'm going to leave. And I by no means expect him to beg me to stay. He doesn't know me from a hole in the ground as the cliche goes.

My apologies for being such a DQ the other day.

Its easier to just switch to D* then ,Demand E* to do anything!

I must say D* must be doing something right. I have home security cams and the monitor is near the main TV so it's just like having my front window wide open 24/ 7. The last few weeks I've been seeing D* branded vans like crazy going up and down my street. Even seen them parked at several neighbors' homes. Almost nothing from cable.

Maybe everybody's upgrading to HD. Maybe their sales pitch is better than BHN. And almost nobody is a new sub for Knology, though I do see a few trucks.

I guess part of the reason I don't see Dish so much is because they use a lot of sub contractors around here. Still, it doesn't seem to me that there is an uptick in E* subs because the dishes across the street seem to be pointing the other way (literally & figuratively). :D

I always vote with my wallet, I WILL NOT be a fanboy of either provider. Whoever has the most bang for my buck gets my business, blind loyalty to E* or D* just causes heartburn. I will churn and churn again when it comes to my money, if it gives D* or E* heartburn, that is their problem not mine.

Ok, but at least D* has better retention offers. At least that's been my family's experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts