Time to have a tech come?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

umass03

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
So since I'm not able to lease another reciever since I "upgraded" when we added a SD reciever I figured I'd just change the config of the setup so my main 622 would still feed the fam room and the TV2 would switch to my office so I could get the dvr access for sports.

Anyway, going through the 622 manual it outlines the TV2 setup which seems pretty straightforward since I'm using the existing house cabling.

Based on the manual, TV2 should be set in the 60 to 80 range for channels to revcieve the 622 signal, same for the TV2 fed off the SD box. But my tvs are both on channel 24, which, if I read correct is the range for the TV2 "air" option

I'm confused

Just go into the menu and change one of the tv2 outputs to another channel other than 24 and then change the tv you want to that new channel.

Looks like I forgot to say, that both recievers are set so that their respective TV2s are set to channel 75, so how am I receiving the signals if the TVs themselves r on 24?

Looks like I forgot to say, that both recievers are set so that their respective TV2s are set to channel 75, so how am I receiving the signals if the TVs themselves r on 24?

You need to have both your Sat receiver and your TV2 television set to the same mode. Either "Air Mode" which is over the air channels 21 to 69
or "Cable Mode" which is channels 73 to 125

Cable frequencies above channel 13 don't match air frequencies above channel 13. Cable just keeps going with channel 14 and onward every 6 MHz above channel 13 (except channels 95-99, which are between channels 6 and 7), air jumps a few hundred MHz up into the UHF band. Cable channel 75 overlaps air channel 24, apparently closely enough for the TV's automatic fine tuning circuit to figure it out.

:D
Cable frequencies above channel 13 don't match air frequencies above channel 13. Cable just keeps going with channel 14 and onward every 6 MHz above channel 13 (except channels 95-99, which are between channels 6 and 7), air jumps a few hundred MHz up into the UHF band. Cable channel 75 overlaps air channel 24, apparently closely enough for the TV's automatic fine tuning circuit to figure it out.

Ok, I live beyond the reach of any Cables cable so I have never had cable and may have worded it wrong. :D

What I was trying to point out is that the OP needs to have his sat receiver and TV2 set to the same mode.

Channel 24 air is a harmonic of cable 75 that's why you are getting it that way. If you set you tv sets to cable instead of air they will pick up tv2 on 75.

Channel 24 air is a harmonic of cable 75 that's why you are getting it that way. If you set you tv sets to cable instead of air they will pick up tv2 on 75.

Got it! Thanks to all who chimed in!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts