Time to pull the trigger and come HOME!!!

Which option?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SirChaos

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
Marysville, WA
Coming Home!....Now Questions!

Hey Everyone,
Long time user of these forums and now I have a reason to post! :)

I am now ready to come back home to DirecTV and all of the HD Goodness!

I was wondering what would be the "best route" and "bang for my buck" in coming home?

Would it be....

1. Use DirecTV.com and Order
  2. Goto Costco and order in store...
  3. Call one of the 1-800 phone numbers on the DirecTV ads I get in the mail?
  4. Other?

My requirements...

1 HD-DVR
1 Standard DVR
1 Standard HD Box
2 Standard Standard Boxes

And I need to have the Cable Feed for my Cable Modem to be left alone.

Any suggestions and advice would be helpful in coming back home.

Thanks Everyone,
Chase
Marysville, WA

Last edited:
As far as I know, going direct to D* gets you a limited number of "rebates" on the boxes, but at Costco, all the boxes are cheaper, no matter how many you get, and I think the programming is discounted as well...

Keep in mind, I'm just going off of what I've heard on this forum - I'm already signed up, so I havent' done any extensive shopping myself.

probably better off calling them - I recently switched but I went through the web - but I didn't need nearly as much equipment as you did

If I were you I would call them and politely say that you are "considering" dropping cable for DirecTV, but only if the price is right. Make sure they know that you are aware that the cable company's set top boxes are free upfront and that you are not interested in running up an unnecessary equipment charge. But that you are open to a time committment.

There are deals to be had, if you are nice about it and stand your ground. They want to convert you from cable to satellite. You may have to call more than once to find a friendly CSR.:)

Did you call 888 777-2454? How about 800 531-5000. I know that my local Best Buy has some deals going on. Costco or BB if you can't seem to get anywhere calling D directly. Good luck.

I think you will do better thru D* than thru a local store, CC BB Costco.
Reason being, if you go thru D*, one of the numbers listed above, they can work with you on pricing, I know MOST can now get the HR20-700, -100 for $ 199 thru D*, Costco's price when I checked last week was $ 269 I think.
CC and BB is still listed as $ 299.
D* can also offer you promo's on programming that you would not get thru the others ....
Also, it's possible IF it's still going on, if you call D* and like the NFL, the best package of the year, the NFL ST package may STILL be available, that gives you 3-4 months of the premier package.

Jimbo

Coming Home! Now Questions!

Hey Everyone,
Thanks for the help and the suggestions!

Basically after calling the 1-800 numbers, they suggested that I should go online as the web site can offer:
- The 100 Mail In (web site rebate)
- The 50 dollar gift card (Visa)

So, I did it online and my scheduled install date is October 8th. (Man I wish I could move it up sooner).

What I got...

- The NFL Offer w/SuperFan
- 3 HD Boxes
- 1 HD DVR
- 1 Standard Offer.

Question:
Is there anything I should do to get things ready for this installation? I really want it to go smoothly!

Thanks everyone!

- Chase
:up

Bueller? :)

Question:

Is there anything I should do to get things ready for this installation? I really want it to go smoothly!

Thanks everyone!

Hey Everyone,
Thanks for the help and the suggestions!

Basically after calling the 1-800 numbers, they suggested that I should go online as the web site can offer:
- The 100 Mail In (web site rebate)
- The 50 dollar gift card (Visa)

So, I did it online and my scheduled install date is October 8th. (Man I wish I could move it up sooner).

What I got...

- The NFL Offer w/SuperFan
- 3 HD Boxes
- 1 HD DVR
- 1 Standard Offer.

Question:

Thanks everyone!

- Chase
:up

Call D* and ask them who your installers will be, they can then contact them with you on the phone or they will give you the number, call them and see if there is an earlier opening, a lot of times you can be put on thier "If someone Cancels" list.

In reality 1 week is not bad, some have waited much longer.

I would have looked to see how much they would offer you on a HR20 HD DVR, other than that you did pretty good.

Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo and CRendall!

I called DTV and asked for the information and got in touch with the local installer.

I wasnt able to move up the install date....but a week out gives me some time to get some things done.

- Chase

Don't call those ads that you get in the junk mail. Those are likely for local installers that don't really have the power to give you a good deal. Just call 1-800-DirecTV and talk to them.

Don't call those ads that you get in the junk mail. Those are likely for local installers that don't really have the power to give you a good deal. Just call 1-800-DirecTV and talk to them.

Don't worry I didn't.....I was able to use Directv.com and in combination with the 1-800-Directv number to get a solid deal.

On top of that, I was able to move up my install to Saturday as a spot opened up on Directv.com.

Hopefully the install with go off without a hitch! :)

- Chase

Glad to see you are getting DIRECTV. You should have called us and asked about the Sat. Guys deal we have though :)

Hope the install goes well for you and you can start enjoying all the HD like the rest of us!

Bob Doseck
Plasma Concepts
Plasma TV, LCD TV, DIRECTV and HDTV Accessories – Plasma Concepts

Thanks Bob,
I didn't even know that you had a deal with Sat. Guys....I must of missed it. I can't wait to come home and enjoy the goodness.

If I ever need anything related Directv in the future I will be sure to consider your company

- Chase

Glad to see you are getting DIRECTV. You should have called us and asked about the Sat. Guys deal we have though :)

Hope the install goes well for you and you can start enjoying all the HD like the rest of us!

Would probably help if your website worked ..

If you click on your directv page and then click on the big orange "get Directv now" button - you get an error page ..

http://www.plasmaconcepts.com/getstarted.asp

If you are trying to push a website/subscription/deal ... I find that it always helps to have the main link to the offer working.

;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)