Time to Replace HD-DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

haggis

Original poster
May 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Our HR10-250 is dying or dead. We have an oval 3-LNB dish and live in the Portland, Oregon area. We do get OTA local channels via antenna, some in HD. Is there anything special I should do, ask for, or be wary of when I call DirecTV and tell them my 3-year-old HD-DVR done died?

Thanks for any tips! The amount (and depth) of knowledge on this forum is staggering. The more I read the more confused I get. (That's my problem, not yours :) )

Our HR10-250 is dying or dead. We have an oval 3-LNB dish and live in the Portland, Oregon area. We do get OTA local channels via antenna, some in HD. Is there anything special I should do, ask for, or be wary of when I call DirecTV and tell them my 3-year-old HD-DVR done died?

Thanks for any tips! The amount (and depth) of knowledge on this forum is staggering. The more I read the more confused I get. (That's my problem, not yours :) )

They will give you a HR20/21, if you get the 21 (most likely at this point) make sure you get the AM21 (OTA tuner) as well, hopefully they will give it to you free, but not likely, Stress to them that you need your OTA channels.
They seem to think that their sat locals cover everyone, but they don't and they should compensate when that situation occurs.

Jimbo

Thanks for that! My current unit handles that all in one and I probably wouldn't have thought to even ask.

I notice a couple topics down mention of a 5-LNB dish. I don't get any of the extra sports packages and probably never will. Is my current dish good-to-go for a few more years?

Thanks for that! My current unit handles that all in one and I probably wouldn't have thought to even ask.

I notice a couple topics down mention of a 5-LNB dish. I don't get any of the extra sports packages and probably never will. Is my current dish good-to-go for a few more years?

Maybe 1-2 years for HD...but why not upgrade the dish so that you can get all of D*'s HD programming?

They will give you a HR20/21, if you get the 21 (most likely at this point) make sure you get the AM21 (OTA tuner) as well, hopefully they will give it to you free, but not likely, Stress to them that you need your OTA channels.
They seem to think that their sat locals cover everyone, but they don't and they should compensate when that situation occurs.

Jimbo

I thought anyone replacing an H10-250 with an HR21 got an AM21 free if they asked.

Just got off the phone. Free upgrade to new dish and receiver - no charge and no commitment. Installing tomorrow morning. Perfect!

$50 for the AM21 if needed (claimed they were still in the middle of the switchover from 20 to 21).

It was, as predicted, an HR21 - but they are shipping me the AM21 no-charge, which was a nice surprise (and good customer service).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)